Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:08 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4100 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 29968 [1]
Given Kudos: 799
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 799 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Re: How to boost my GMAT score? [#permalink]
Pracice using Forum Quiz..

An excellent resource for practicing low, medium and hard difficulty level Questions.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22073 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi reishe,

Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

You also may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Thank you so much all of you for your help!
I’ll definitely check the gmat club forum and more OG questions.
@archit3110-I did maintain my error log and gave 5 MGMAT CATS but could not give the 6th CAT and the OG tests because I fell sick 15 days before my exam.I had severe back pain and an intestinal infection so I couldn’t sit in one position for long initially.I hogged on some painkillers for just so that I could attend the test. I am still in a recovery phase and I hope to get well soon so that I can practice more!
Thanks again everyone for the help.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi reishe,

To start, a 660/Q44 is a solid Score, so it could be enough to get you into your first-choice School. That having been said, you have an opportunity to pick up points in both the Quant and Verbal sections, so retesting makes a certain amount of sense. Depending on the Schools that you plan to apply to, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement (and the more time that you have to act on that advice, the better). There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied? How many hours did you typically study each week?
2) What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

If you took your Official GMAT at a Test Center, then you might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
scored a 660(q44,V37,IR5).
aim is to score 700+

For Verbal, consider working on your solving approach if you feel your fundamentals are solid. May boost your score a bit. Perhaps find a study buddy with strong verbal skills. Had a 6-hour student go from a V41 to a V45 in about 10 days.

For Quant, at a Q44 there may be some topics (i.e. geometry) that are still slippery. Isolating those may help you better focus your prep. Some Quant tips on the GMAT Knight blog you might find helpful too.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Dear reishe,
the pace at which student can assimilate the information is varying from person to person. Two-week course maybe not amply. I also struggled to overcome Q35+ even after I passed some video courses. Therefore, I would suggest to take TTP because its well-structured study plan and unique approach already have helped me to ameliorate my Quant score. Weather you need to recall some concepts or practice weakness areas TTP study plan can guide you to do so.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
How to boost my GMAT score? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
reishe wrote:
Hello everyone!
I gave my GMAT yesterday and scored a 660(q44,V37,IR5).
My aim is to score 700+.I am stuck in Q44.I have taken the manhattan prep’s bootcamp course(2 weeks) and solved the OG 2022.
I feel stuck and out of resources. Do you think that I should take up another course or should I buy more resources? Also,for resources,which resources do you recommend?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi reishe

Hope you are doing better now.

For scoring 700 and above, you need to make sure you don’t get the easy & medium questions wrong as GMAT test is adaptive in nature. For that, being conceptually clear on all topics is really vital. Not only this, you have to be good with application of concepts, because GMAT is a test of application of concepts. But, before application, you need to understand the motive behind the questions being asked. Once you understand that, the process of learning becomes a lot simpler and easier. If your concepts are clear and you use the right methods and strategies to solve questions, you will be able to smartly avoid the traps set by the test makers. Focus on improving the method you follow to solve questions because that's what stops people from scoring 700+.

Looking at your Quant score, you appear to be good with concepts. Identifying your weaker areas and working your them should ideally get you a score of 49/50. You have to work a little more on the application of concepts while solving the Quant Questions. You should consider spending more time on analysing the solutions of the questions from the topics in which you are weak. By analysing I mean, go through each step of the solution, identify the exact step at which you made the mistake, compare your approach with the right one and then learn the right approach. This should help.

If you are struggling with some specific topics, you may share the same for better understanding.

Having said that, to suggest you the plan of action, I need a little more information about your GMAT preparation. I would like to know more about

• the way you prepared till now (your study strategy)
  • your weak areas
  • your approach of solving questions
  • the resources you have used

Answers to these questions will help me guide you in a better way. And I personally suggest to go for the retake only after you prepared well and are 100% confident.

You can check out how Rishabh improved his score from GMAT 670 to 740 in just 20 days despite a hectic work schedule and get some success tips from his journey:

Having said that, I would like to have a one-on-one conversation with you. The discussion would be mostly around the answers to the above questions, the approximate time you have for the next attempt and the plan of action. If you have an ESR with you, that will be even more helpful to get the insights about your performance. You use use the link below to schedule a call with me.
Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot
How to boost my GMAT score? [#permalink]