GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 04:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How to do time dilation on quant????

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
S
GPA: 2.84
Premium Member CAT Tests
How to do time dilation on quant????  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Sep 2018, 07:32
My avg speed to solve quant is a bit slow as compared to the timmer statics of GMAT club for example if avg time for correct sol is 1 min I am taking 2 min on that question. How accurate and how representative is the timmer statistics of GMAT club questions in connection with the real-time solution of questions given all constraints.

Regards
Ali

If you like this post, be kind and help me with Kudos!

Cheers!

Originally posted by alitariquet on 22 Sep 2018, 07:12.
Last edited by alitariquet on 22 Sep 2018, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
S
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: How to do time dilation on quant????  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 07:31
Furthermore how frequent do these statement type questions appear. They take an awful lot of time to read and picturize than to solve them.I meant complete 1 min. Any tactics to deal with them.

Cheers!

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 19:34
alitariquet wrote:
My avg speed to solve quant is a bit slow as compared to the timmer statics of GMAT club for example if avg time for correct sol is 1 min I am taking 2 min on that question. How accurate and how representative is the timmer statistics of GMAT club questions in connection with the real-time solution of questions given all constraints.

Regards
Ali
The more I think about it, the more convinced I become that the phrase you used (time dilation) describes exactly what happens in portions of the GMAT :)

To answer your question: It's impossible to say, as there is no way for anyone to check whether, and how many, and what type (ability level) of users are using the timer properly. And there is also no way to take things like "momentum" and tiredness into account. The best thing for you to do would be to use the timer information as a rough guide and check your ability to finish the section on time by checking your timing on a GMATPrep test.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Manager
Manager
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 19:41
Thanks, AjiteshArun you are always there the help out 44 people have seen the post and none bothered to say his piece. Thanks a lot. Will calibrate in GMAT prep.
Regards
Ali

Cheers!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: How to do time dilation on quant???? &nbs [#permalink] 22 Sep 2018, 19:41

How to do time dilation on quant????

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap