Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:08 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [26]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72917 [7]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1923 [3]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22079 [3]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: How to get to a 790 GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
790 is an insane score!! I could not be happier for you, and I'm so pumped to hear how much you got out of TTP. Thank you for sharing and good luck with things moving forward.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 6290 [2]
Given Kudos: 1646
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congratulations on scoring a phenomenal 790 on the GMAT, and thank you for your highly positive feedback on the Target Test Prep course. I know you are considering retaking the GMAT to achieve a perfect 800. I bet you can increase the verbal score from V49 to V51. Congratulations again!
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6863 [6]
Given Kudos: 500
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congratulations, iyGMAT, on earning a fantastic score. At the same time, I cannot help but feel as though the debrief does not quite deliver to the extent I would expect from the title. I could write a one-line summary that would appear to suffice:

Q: How do you get a 790 on the GMAT™?
A: Sign up for Target Test Prep.

Now, I am not in any way casting doubts on the efficacy of the TTP program. The name shows up in quite a few of these high-score debriefs, and I enjoy reading responses in the forum to Quant and Verbal questions from Scott, Jeff, and Marty. But, pardon me for being curious, I was hoping to learn a little more about the process you undertook to go from that 700 to a near-perfect 790 in, to use your own words, over a year. What obstacles did you encounter along the way? How about CR and SC?

I am not asking for a novella here, and if my response has put you off, I will only add that I am not expecting anything. It is just that these ultra-high scores come up in the forum just a handful of times a year, and I know that many members look to debriefs such as yours for advice.

Finally, since Jeff mentioned that you may retake the exam in an effort to earn those next 10 points, what would you do to prepare?

All the best to you in your endeavors.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [4]
Given Kudos: 298
Send PM
How to get to a 790 GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos