GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 11:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • GMATbuster's Weekly GMAT Quant Quiz, Tomorrow, Saturday at 9 AM PST

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

10 Questions will be posted on the forum and we will post a reply in this Topic with a link to each question. There are prizes for the winners.
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

December 13, 2018

December 13, 2018

08:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.

How to prepare for GMAT???

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
How to prepare for GMAT???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2018, 03:14
I have bought and finished the OG,I also have verbal review and quant review but after doing the questions in the OG, I found that I wasn't able to answer many questions correctly, especially the ones at the end of each topic. I am utterly confused as to how should I proceed with my study plans. I am average in both Quant and Verbal (according to the OG diagnostic tests). I feel fine with boyh but I wanna build my confidence. Should I buy additional books? Which ones? Which ones helped u the most? I am thankful in advance for all the answers!

Posted from my mobile device
Senior PS Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: How to prepare for GMAT???  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2018, 03:37
Hey Utkarsh1041

To build the basic strategy to tackle GMAT, you could use the Manhattan Strategy Guides.
These books, IMO, are the best resource that one can use in order to understand the basic
strategy to tackle GMAT. It makes sense to clear your concepts for every topic and then to
follow that up with some practice.

Verbal Section Prep
Alternatively, for CR, you could use the PowerScore CR bible in order to build your concepts.
For RC, you could refer the below-given links
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-club-s- ... 83101.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/guide-to-rea ... 21112.html

For practice, you can find all the questions at GMATClub. You should use the Timer feature to
time yourself once you are familiar with the concepts.
Some links you might find useful
SC: https://gmatclub.com/forum/sentence-cor ... 29750.html
CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/critical-rea ... 28861.html
RC: https://gmatclub.com/forum/reading-comp ... 29341.html

Quant Section Prep
Follow Bunuel. Solve all the questions in his signature. They contain some awesome questions
that give you the true taste of GMAT(Baker's Dozen, 12 Easy Pieces, Fresh Meat etc..) Make it
a habit to solve each and every question he puts up on the forum to improve your accuracy,
once you are clear with the concepts.

During the last leg of your Quant prep, this post immensely helps with improving your scores.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 41670.html

Link to GMAT Quantitative Mega-Thread(which helps reinforce the concepts)
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html

Additionally, for tests, you could purchase the GMAT Prep Collection Bundle(contains 2 exam
packs - EP1 and EP2 and a question pack). There are 2 free tests offered by GMAC, the makers
of the test. The scores on these tests are the best indicator of your current ability at the time of
taking the test.

Hope this helps you!

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2018, 04:18
Thanks for the answer. I figured that I would have to buy additional material but I was concerned as to which books would be the best choice, although I was myself more inclined towards Manhattan. I am really thankful for all the tips and especially the useful links you've attached to the answer! Thnx a ton!

General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 04:31
Utkarsh1041 wrote:
I have bought and finished the OG,I also have verbal review and quant review but after doing the questions in the OG, I found that I wasn't able to answer many questions correctly, especially the ones at the end of each topic. I am utterly confused as to how should I proceed with my study plans. I am average in both Quant and Verbal (according to the OG diagnostic tests). I feel fine with boyh but I wanna build my confidence. Should I buy additional books? Which ones? Which ones helped u the most? I am thankful in advance for all the answers!

Hi Utkarsh1041,

I would encourage to focus on clearing your concepts and solidifying your base before you move onto the OG Questions. It is vital that you solve the OG only after you have gone through the concepts. For Quant, You can try out the Math revolution or TTP course as both the courses are phenomenal and cover the entire syllabus really well. Plus both have great reviews on GMATCLUB. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them. Note that you it is advisable to do the GMATCLUB only once you have achieved Q45+ to make the most out of these tests.

Also for verbal, I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you to purchase the GMATPREP QP 1 for some great additional practice.

Lastly, you can check out a very interesting article by Mike McGarry from Magoosh detailing a 3 month study plan

https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/3-month-g ... -students/. You will find it very helpful as it gives out a study plan as per your needs.

Hope this helps. All the best.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

SVP
SVP
V
GPA: 3.39
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 09:23
Utkarsh1041 wrote:

Hi

Best Books

For learning Concepts

Manhattan Quant Guides
Manhattan Verbal Guides
For CR: The Powerscore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible
For RC: Aristotle RC Grail

For Practice

The Official Guide for GMAT 2015-18
The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2015-18
The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review 2015-18

Best Courses

1. Empower GMAT
2. Math Revolution (Only Math)
3. E-GMAT (Only Verbal)

You can start with Quant or Verbal which suits you. If you have started with Quant then Start with the Arithmetic but if started with verbal then start first with Sentence correction. One month for learning Quant concepts and one month for practicing question and same practice for Verbal. During you Practicing question don't forget to make an error log to track your weak areas after practice. Once you know your weak areas revise your Concepts related to those areas and do some more Practice. 6-8 CATs are enough for practice the real tests. Make your Stamina for sitting 3 hours in the test and don't study more than 2 hours in one sit and 4 hours per day

Top CATs for Practice

1. Official GMAC CATs
2. Manhattan CATs
3. Kaplan CATs
4. GMAT Club Quant CATs

Good Luck

Final days of the GMAT Exam? => All GMAT Flashcards.
This Post Helps = Press +1 Kudos
Best of Luck on the GMAT!!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: How to prepare for GMAT??? &nbs [#permalink] 07 Oct 2018, 09:23

How to prepare for GMAT???

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap