Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: How to strengthen my profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi there,

I certainly think your ambition and drive is commendable, and like you said, it may be worth giving it all you can vs regretting not trying, certainly understand and respect that.

I would think that part of that might be to give a standardized test like GMAT one more shot too though? with prep? and completing the sections-- note that the penalty for not finishing is worse than just guessing at the end, fyi!!

In terms of how to stand out and ideas etc.... certainly we can't provide you with the unique creativity you need to dig into yourself, and keep in mind it's all about YOU and very personal... someone else cannot fully tell you how to present yourself without knowing you well etc. We can help you thoroughly brainstorm and often help clients come up with many ideas and themes about themselves they had not thought of before or hadn't realized. We can also give you tons of feedback about your developing essays and applications and how things are coming across etc; what someone from an outside perspective would think of the person who wrote this. If you'd like to set up an initial, free, 30 min consult, we do offer that at https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php.

Generally I think you need to spend some time brainstorming very thoroughly, over many sessions/days. Think about EVERYTHING about yourself.... personal, professional, academic, interests, passions, strengths, accomplishments, experiences that have shaped you, what is unique about you, etc. Ask family & friends for ideas as well. Keep a running journal or doc of all of your ideas and then review for key themes and aspects that might help you stand out.

Good luck with the process and hoping for the best!
Moderator:
1452 posts