Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 472
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [1]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Re: How to use GMAT QUANT REVIEW 2021 effectively? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Louis14 wrote:
So, I am currently doing mixed sets and my accuracy rate has consistently been exactly 70% (Random mode; easy+medium+hard - all mixed up). I do understand that there are gaps in my knowledge. The question is how do I exactly figure out the topics that need some brushing up? Is there a sophisticated way of doing that?

Not really.

You just have to analyze your performance on the questions you have answered, considering, whether you knew how to answer them, how long you took, and your general comfort level with the topic.

Also, you could take a practice test and see which questions you took a long time to answer or didn't know how to answer.

One method I have used is to work on the types of questions I'd prefer not to see when I take the test.

Finally, you can find a list of all GMAT quant topics and check to see which you feel ready to handle and which you don't feel comfortable with.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Louis14 wrote:
So, I am currently doing mixed sets and my accuracy rate has consistently been exactly 70% (Random mode; easy+medium+hard - all mixed up). I do understand that there are gaps in my knowledge. The question is how do I exactly figure out the topics that need some brushing up? Is there a sophisticated way of doing that?

Not really.

You just have to analyze your performance on the questions you have answered, considering, whether you knew how to answer them, how long you took, and your general comfort level with the topic.

Also, you could take a practice test and see which questions you took a long time to answer or didn't know how to answer.

One method I have used is to work on the types of questions I'd prefer not to see when I take the test.

Finally, you can find a list of all GMAT quant topics and check to see which you feel ready to handle and which you don't feel comfortable with.

Thanks. I think the best method is your method: doing questions I hate to see. I hate to see quadratics, sequences, and surprisingly, of late, divisibility problems as well.
GMAT Club Bot