It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 09:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I am applying to the Wharton MBA program, How can I improve my resume?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

I am applying to the Wharton MBA program, How can I improve my resume? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 18:53
I have a 3.5 GPA. I am a technical management systems major specializing in Computer Science at Stony Brook Uni. I have not taken the GRE exam yet.

For Experience, I am a co-manager at GP petroleum gas station. It is owned by a Close family friend and I have been working here for 3 years so far.

At my university, I co-founded a club named the South Asian Association club. This is a club uniting Indian and Pakistani descent students and illuminating the culture.

I also spend my free time volunteering at the hospital.

I know my chances are very very very low, even with these qualifications. What can I do to increase my chances? I and a few friends are in the talks to create a start-up beauty company.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: I am applying to the Wharton MBA program, How can I improve my resume? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 20:25
You will need to show ambition, success and career growth in your resume. They are completely missing in what you wrote.

Are you still in college?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Re: I am applying to the Wharton MBA program, How can I improve my resume? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 17:28
It seems like you are still in undergrad? Without work experience or even traditional business oriented internships you will have very little chance to get into Wharton.

I would focus on securing some impressive work experience where you can clearly make an impact while developing strong interpersonal skills. Get a few years of work experience then take your shot at Wharton then

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: 99colleges.com

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 4

Schools: Wharton
I am applying to the Wharton MBA program, How can I improve my resume? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 19:05
The best way: make your start-up beauty company, well, a beauty. Make it few M $ in revenue, and you’ll break into many top schools. But if that happens, you’ll most likely not want to attend a B-school. This is one of the strongest paths to a top school, but obviously hard to pull off.

The other option, of course, is to get good corporate experience and make an impact there, professionally.

Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant

Consulting| Contact at anil@99colleges.com for your queries on MBA Admissions

And if you couldn’t make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 4

I am applying to the Wharton MBA program, How can I improve my resume?   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2017, 19:05

I am applying to the Wharton MBA program, How can I improve my resume?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap