Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:29 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fig wrote:
Congrats ! :D :).... So Singapour or Fontainblau ? :)

U could be a classmate of karlfurt ;)

Thanks Fig and Prasad.

I will be starting at Fonty. I am not sure about karlfurt. Is he also starting at Fonty?

I have finally received access to admitted students portal and so far I am pretty happy with the caliber and the diversity of my fellow peers. USA is leading with 37 students followed by Indians (34), France (29), UK (21) and Germany (17).

Just like Sep intake, Jan intake also has strength of 450 and so far 330 students have active profiles at the INSEAD community forum representing 53 nationalities. I have also realized that INSEAD definitely ends up attracting the cream of Europe as is evidenced by European students’ undergraduate institutions and the work experience. Considering most of European students prefer studying in Europe, INSEAD becomes their top choice.

INSEAD has a reputation of a consulting school and I won’t argue this perception. So far, we have 35 folks from Mck/BCG/Bain (previous employers) and with 120 more seats available to grab for the Jan intake, I believe that Mck/Bain/BCG group would be close to 42. I have heard that Sep intake also had close to 40 folks from Mck/BCG/Bain (usually INSEAD has close to 85 folks from Mck/BCG/Bain in its class of 900 and this year is no exception). But we also have a very strong representation of industry and Banking, although not as strong as consulting. The campus and the area around the campus looks really beautiful.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulation and all the best in your new adventure!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations. INSEAD is a great school :-) Enjoy your journey.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul and Trahul.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations. Well done! I'm currently applying for INSEAD's EMBA Programme, which is due very soon. Best of luck with the course...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nelson wrote:
Congratulations. Well done! I'm currently applying for INSEAD's EMBA Programme, which is due very soon. Best of luck with the course...

Thanks Nelson and good luck with your EMBA application. Please let me know if I could be of any help.

regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Haddy, thanks very much for the offer to help.....sorry for not replying sooner. I'm pretty much sorted now; much appreciate the offer though...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nelson wrote:
Hi Haddy, thanks very much for the offer to help.....sorry for not replying sooner. I'm pretty much sorted now; much appreciate the offer though...

No problem Nelson. Did you apply to INSEAD EMBA? if so, do not forget to apply to EMBA scholarship esp if you are self sponsored.

If someone is applying to INSEAD and has any questions, I am willing to help. Good luck everyone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 536 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
haddy74 wrote:
Fig wrote:

Thanks Fig and Prasad.

I will be starting at Fonty. I am not sure about karlfurt. Is he also starting at Fonty?

I have finally received access to admitted students portal and so far I am pretty happy with the caliber and the diversity of my fellow peers. USA is leading with 37 students followed by Indians (34), France (29), UK (21) and Germany (17).

Just like Sep intake, Jan intake also has strength of 450 and so far 330 students have active profiles at the INSEAD community forum representing 53 nationalities. I have also realized that INSEAD definitely ends up attracting the cream of Europe as is evidenced by European students’ undergraduate institutions and the work experience. Considering most of European students prefer studying in Europe, INSEAD becomes their top choice.

INSEAD has a reputation of a consulting school and I won’t argue this perception. So far, we have 35 folks from Mck/BCG/Bain (previous employers) and with 120 more seats available to grab for the Jan intake, I believe that Mck/Bain/BCG group would be close to 42. I have heard that Sep intake also had close to 40 folks from Mck/BCG/Bain (usually INSEAD has close to 85 folks from Mck/BCG/Bain in its class of 900 and this year is no exception). But we also have a very strong representation of industry and Banking, although not as strong as consulting. The campus and the area around the campus looks really beautiful.

Congrats Haddy! This is an excellent school.
We might meet in January, but I already started end of August(JUL 08). Couldn't wait 6 months more...

If you need some infos, just ask.

Fig, how do you kill your time till Jan 08?
:)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
karlfurt wrote:
haddy74 wrote:
Fig wrote:

Thanks Fig and Prasad.

Congrats Haddy! This is an excellent school.
We might meet in January, but I already started end of August(JUL 08). Couldn't wait 6 months more...

If you need some infos, just ask.

Fig, how do you kill your time till Jan 08?
:)

kalfurt ;)... It's true that it's a bit long before entering :)... I know how u feel ;)

Luckily, I have and will have several things to fix that keep me busy all time :)... and I'm back from 3 weeks of holidays...

So all in all, I do my best to make disappearing the 3 remaining months ;)

And u? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Handdy74,

Many congratulations!! I am also dreaming of INSEAD and planning to apply for Jan 2009 intake.

One questions - are you getting any scholarship from INSEAD. How difficult or easy is it to get scholarship?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
N750 wrote:
Hi Handdy74,

Many congratulations!! I am also dreaming of INSEAD and planning to apply for Jan 2009 intake.

One questions - are you getting any scholarship from INSEAD. How difficult or easy is it to get scholarship?

Thanks N750.

I applied for 5 scholarships and already got rejected for 3 of them...2 more to go...(Although I am seriously thinking to let go INSEAD for Columbia). So confused these days. No to mention that I had already paid $6400 deposit to INSEAD before I got good news from Columbia.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
Would anyone recommend Insead for a career (and job function) switch into investment banking (sales and trading)?

Thanks,

William
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Send PM
Shot at Insead? [#permalink]
Hi Guys

I recently gave my GMAT and scored a 700.
I have about 7 years of international experience and I already hold a Masters in Sciences.

Do you think I have a shot at Insead?

I am from the Indian/IT/male application pool...but living in the US for last 7 years..

Thanks a lot for your guidance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
haddy74 wrote:
N750 wrote:
I applied for 5 scholarships and already got rejected for 3 of them...2 more to go...(Although I am seriously thinking to let go INSEAD for Columbia). So confused these days. No to mention that I had already paid $6400 deposit to INSEAD before I got good news from Columbia.

I believe that INSEAD doesn't have any loan system through the school, like the US schools do. Is that correct?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
rk4g63 wrote:
haddy74 wrote:
N750 wrote:

I believe that INSEAD doesn't have any loan system through the school, like the US schools do. Is that correct?

That is true but you can still apply for FAFSA for INSEAD and then simply go with Sallie Mae for the remaining amount. Sallie Mae rates stay the same whether you are getting the loan for an international school or US based school provided the international school is covered by Sallie Mae International and you are US citizen or PR. Getting a loan for INSEAD is not a problem at all.

https://www.abroadplanet.com/student-loa ... rnational/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
haddy74 wrote:
rk4g63 wrote:
haddy74 wrote:
N750 wrote:

That is true but you can still apply for FAFSA for INSEAD and then simply go with Sallie Mae for the remaining amount. Sallie Mae rates stay the same whether you are getting the loan for an international school or US based school provided the international school is covered by Sallie Mae International and you are US citizen or PR. Getting a loan for INSEAD is not a problem at all.

https://www.abroadplanet.com/student-loa ... rnational/

On similar vein I ask all the persons in the know: how Indians typically finance the cost at Insead? What is the real budget like for a student with spouse and kid?

I have asked this question in another forum in gmatclub, but think that forum is not frequented. Any insight is appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2