Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
 Q39  V20
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: i am not native:( [#permalink]
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64940 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Expert Reply
danghara wrote:
tnx for your response
list of bb books are very interesting and i think it will be improve my comprehension skill very well too.but i need books that relate straightforward to gmat.i dont have time for this funny books.i want just find words that are common in RC or CR section of GMAT.is there any site or book for improving my dictionary od my mind?is essential word for the toefl or 504 Absolutely Essential Words sufficient for GMAT?
tnx

This is the difference between GMAT and GRE - GMAT does not stress on direct vocabulary as such... You need to be comfortable with the words that appear regularly in standard books/magazines/newspapers. Hence there is no shortcut to GMAT Verbal. Learning words will not be efficient if you consider the time you will spend learning them up... You just need to know enough to understand the passage/CR stimulus properly... In fact, if you go through OG questions, quite a bit of your vocabulary requirement will be met. The important thing is to understand the passages, question types and how to deal with different question types... Vocab will be the least of your worries...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
 Q31  V33 GMAT 2: 640  Q47  V31
Send PM
My initial impression of the verbal section of the test was that it focuses more on logical reasoning and problem solving rather than vocabulary.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: ESADE '15 (A)
Send PM
danghara wrote:
tnx for your response
list of bb books are very interesting and i think it will be improve my comprehension skill very well too.but i need books that relate straightforward to gmat.i dont have time for this funny books.i want just find words that are common in RC or CR section of GMAT.is there any site or book for improving my dictionary od my mind?is essential word for the toefl or 504 Absolutely Essential Words sufficient for GMAT?
tnx

If you are not in a hurry, I think improving English should be your first priority.
What if you did score good at GMAT, but later failed to get into any college of your choice because your applications/interviews were substandard because of substandard English skills.

The books which bb has listed are really good reads. They are very rich in vocabulary. I have started reading them, along with working on improving my basic grammar.

Don't rush!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i dont give a toefl exam.i read 80 page of Delta's Key to the Next Generation TOEFL Test: Advanced Skill Practice Book,for IBT toefl test. i didnt know meaning of too many words of this book(about 600 new words :( ),but i answered all of reading practice questions,correctly.
is it better that i study for toefl exam and after that study for GMAT exam or prepare myself for both exam simultaneously?(i have 6 month for preparing myself for both exam).
tnx for your good advices
:)
GMAT Club Bot