Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: I'm ambivalent about my 650! [#permalink]
Thanks! Yeah that's how I feel too...once I started getting past the 500's on CATs, I was feeling good. One thing that killed me is that I thought I would have enough time to answer the last quant question but when I looked up, I ran out of time! It sucks to leave anything blank but oh well :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
I have about 15 days and now I want to focus on Verbal, specially the sentence correction. If I get chance I will try some RC too, but I feel working on RC will be useless as RC improves overtime and you can't just improve it in a few days (thats my opinion).

Yes, I want to get over with it too.

But can you give a brief note about how you prepared.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I took the Kaplan 9-class course from Nov to Dec - during this time, I was pretty much trying to complete the required assignments, and I wasn't too focused on correcting my errors. Huge mistake, of course. So although the course motivated me to get back into study mode, it didn't really help me as much as I expected.

That's when I discovered GMATClub and the techniques that some people here use, esp. the error log. I purchased OG11 in Jan and that's all I used throughout Jan until my test day yesterday. I wasn't too diligent about planning out my studies, but I would try to do at least 10 questions a night from each of the 5 sections, if not, at least I would focus on a random area I was having trouble with in math and work on that. I feel like I could have really worked on improving my weak areas if I had more time though - instead, I really felt flustered and unsure of how to improve certain topics.

I also bought the MGMAT Word Translations book and completed that which was a huge help, esp in rates and work problems. And I did a bunch of SC1000 problems a week before the test - it was my strongest area but I wanted to really nail it down.

Also, I think I did about 12 CATs from Dec until my test date - Kaplan at first (these REALLY discouraged me until I read about its inaccurate scoring on the forum), then PowerPrep, MGMAT and GMATPrep.

Bottom line is that I definitely wished I was more focused - if I attempt this again, I will really maximize the usage of the error log and plan out a study schedule next time!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Great story!

I would say 50 questions a night is pretty hardcore studying if you ask me!

Do you have a link to this error log?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Send PM
Congrats on ur score, apply and do your best with the rest of the application process, if you get rejected you can always take the test again. You do have a good chance of gettingin.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
I received a 620 the first time and a 710 the second...keep your head up and continue to improve.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Send PM
go for it again!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tangaroo. . I think your attitude is great. And if you feel you can hit the 700, by all means try it again. Good luck.

I'd be curious to know the other PT schools you're applying to in NY. I'm applying to Fordham, Baruch and probably Pace. I'm starting Fordham's Pre-MBA program in April.

Enjoy your vacation and good luck with the re-take.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

humbled4real - My top choice is NYU, but I will also apply to Fordham and Baruch PT. What is involved in the Fordham pre-MBA program, and what kind of GMAT grades and other qualities are required to get in? Also, the campus is in the city, correct?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tangaroo -

Fordham requires prerequisites of Managerial Economics, Statistics and Mathematical Methods for Business. These are the course you take in the Pre-MBA. I've been out of undergrad for quite sometime, so I have to start from scratch. At any rate, this doesn't guarantee admission into the MBA program, but when I do apply and if accepted these courses count toward the requirement.

It's really a way to see if MBA is right for you and if you didn't do quite well in quant it could be an opportunity to show you could handle the work. I only submitted an application with my resume. I start April 24th. I will eventually submit a regular application, but for now I just want to get the juices flowing. Baruch and Pace accept transfer credits or will waive courses. Even if Fordham didn't accept me I could get similar course waived at the other two schools.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the info! I will PM you with more questions, it sounds interesting and I had no clue about it lol.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts