GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Nov 2018, 13:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Nov. 17, 7 AM PST. Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.
  • GMATbuster's Weekly GMAT Quant Quiz # 9

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

09:00 AM PST

11:00 AM PST

Join the Quiz Saturday November 17th, 9 AM PST. The Quiz will last approximately 2 hours. Make sure you are on time or you will be at a disadvantage.

I need MAJOR HELP - Completely lost here.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
I need MAJOR HELP - Completely lost here.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 23:49
Hi guys, I need major help.

I have my GMAT on the 25th October. I took two GMAT official practice tests, on the first one I scored a 580 (Q 34, V 35) and then another a couple of weeks later and my score DROPPED to a 510 (Q29, V32) - no idea why. I can tell you my experience during the test - I couldn't get myself to focus on the question because the timer just freaked me out so much. Had to rush through the last couple of questions on both Q&V.

I haven't really studied Verbal, so I feel like I'll get much better at it once I find some direction. My problem is Quant. How do I go about this?
How do I divide what to study and when? I have a full time job and can't put in more than 5 hours at best (that's studying with a drained brain)

Is it possible to cross 700 in the given time? If yes, how do I go about Math? I've brushed up on concepts but don't know how much to practice each topic. I'm not naturally good at math, and have had no practice in the last six years. My problem is that I'll do it once I know how, I just can't figure out solutions myself. I don't want to give up.

SOS? :cry:
PS Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
I need MAJOR HELP - Completely lost here.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 01:00
hibobotamuss wrote:
Hi guys, I need major help.

Is it possible to cross 700 in the given time? If yes, how do I go about Math? I've brushed up on concepts but don't know how much to practice each topic. I'm not naturally good at math, and have had no practice in the last six years. My problem is that I'll do it once I know how, I just can't figure out solutions myself. I don't want to give up.

SOS? :cry:

hibobotamuss. Impossible is nothing (given enough time & right effort) :-P

Looking at your scores, it seems like you have a lot to improve on quant as compared to verbal. You are already in 80+ percentile in verbal ( which is good since you haven't prepared anything for it). From here on - what you are able to achieve on D-day depends on how you tackle your weak areas.

Post CAT analysis shows what sections you are the weakest on. In verbal find those sections and start reading prep material ( whatever you choose - here there are ton's of options which are equally good and all that matters is sticking to one and finishing the questions types & getting practice )
In quant - get a hold of the GMAT Club math book . Go through all the chapters therein & complement the prep with solving questions & further theory using the quant megathread.

After solving as many questions as possible for your weak sections & maintaining an error log for them ( see why you got the wrong ones wrong & try to revise the content / solution for those Qs ) - give another CAT. Since you have already exhausted both your free GMAC CATs , you may want to consider purchasing the EP1 & 2. ( which are 4 more official practice CATs )

All the while, you should try to be active here on the forum to be able to participate in the high quality discussions that take place. At any point in your prep if you feel stuck, there are better people that I to guide you here.

25th Oct is far away, hope you get to your goals with my 2 cents.

Best Regards,
Gladi
GMAT Club Bot
I need MAJOR HELP - Completely lost here. &nbs [#permalink] 28 Jul 2018, 01:00

I need MAJOR HELP - Completely lost here.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap