It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 04:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I've been trying so hard, what makes my brain so much more different?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.63
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
I've been trying so hard, what makes my brain so much more different? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 12:57
Long story short I have been studying since October of last year. My test is a week from today and I simply cannot push it back anymore because of work. If I could just get a 600 then I'll have a chance, but today, a week from my exam, I scored lower than I have scored in weeks and I don't understand why or what to do. Here are my scores:

8/5 Gmatprep 1 - 530 V29 Q33
8/12 Gmatprep 2 - 560 V27 Q40
8/16 MGMAT 4 630 - V34 Q42
8/19 Gmatprep 2 - 490 V29 Q29

Just a few days ago I felt so close to finally reaching my goal, but now I feel destroyed. Any advice or encouragement at this point would be greatly welcomed. Please don't say to push my test back because I can't push it back anymore and Ive already taken the test once before last December and I have since taken 12 practice test. I have also already been enrolled in a test prep company and I have been using the OG as well as the Manhattan prep and kaplan books.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: NA

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 7

Joseph: N
Reviews Badge
Re: I've been trying so hard, what makes my brain so much more different? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 20:41
This post received
KUDOS
At this moment it would be easy to either 1.) feel bad about yourself and your ability to perform well on the GMAT or 2.) feel bad for yourself. Neither of these options will help get you towards your goal (which I do believe is possible!)

The reality is some people are able to get their target score in 2 weeks, and some take 5 years - the outcome is the same however: success! One of the most dangerous paths in life is the path of "I am not smart, many people are better than me, why should I try". Is it true that some people have a great cognitive ability? Yes - but that doesn't mean that you can't get to the same endpoint. When GMATCLUB members talk about perseverance, they come from the same place that you are at right now. I believe you should reschedule, and I believe that you can both work harder and smarter. Be methodical about what has not been working for you so far, and be deliberate in how you approach the rest of your studying. Please keep your head held high - you will get to your target score, even if the road may be long.

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 7

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: NA

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Joseph: N
Reviews Badge
I've been trying so hard, what makes my brain so much more different? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 20:44
I understand you said "I can't push the test back", but there is a clear issue that you have taken - despite studying for about 10 months, you took all practice tests in August. You would have had much better success in scheduling these practice tests much earlier in your study plan. You have chosen however to only alert yourself of your weaknesses so soon before your exam, and unfortunately, this means you have given yourself little time to self-correct.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.63
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: I've been trying so hard, what makes my brain so much more different? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2017, 13:28
k1414 wrote:
I understand you said "I can't push the test back", but there is a clear issue that you have taken - despite studying for about 10 months, you took all practice tests in August. You would have had much better success in scheduling these practice tests much earlier in your study plan. You have chosen however to only alert yourself of your weaknesses so soon before your exam, and unfortunately, this means you have given yourself little time to self-correct.

I have actually taken 14 practice test since November of last year

Re: I've been trying so hard, what makes my brain so much more different?   [#permalink] 24 Aug 2017, 13:28