Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Send PM
Re: Ideal time to start working on applications for R2 deadlines [#permalink]
Wait, let's take a step back here. Why are you applying as a college senior? And if you are, almost no top ranked program is going to let you in unless you are AMAZING. Your better bet would be deferred programs but, once again, you have to be amazing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Ideal time to start working on applications for R2 deadlines [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks.

I know that, but I have really taken some time to decide what I should do. I won't be applying to top 10 (USA) programs, just 1/2 from 11-20 and rest from 21-80. But I know what my goals are and I just can't wait and gain experience in some other field for some years and then apply. Moreover, at this stage I don't see any good opportunities in the field that I'm interested in. Because I'm not from that particular background. Thus I firmly believe that this is the right time for me to get an MBA.
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Send PM
If that's the case - I won't say much beyond what I already have. A month CAN be enough time but it really depends on you and your support network. Can you write some amazing essays in a short period of time? Can you burn the midnight oil and crush these apps? Do you have professional help? Equally importantly, can your recommenders do the same? I'd say, max, go for 6 / 7. 10 to 12 is just...a lot. Even if you don't have a lot going on in December.

Bhavik
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: Harvard University
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I would start now. At least with the first school. It gives you time to have someone look at your essays and application (if you want) to make sure you're on the right track. You don't want to wait too long and only then discover you don't know what you're doing.

Starting earlier is always better, again, at least with the first application so you'll know how to pace yourself. My clients usually take 2 weeks per school.

[I'm a former Harvard interviewer and a Harvard grad and currently run the MBA firm "MBA IVY LEAGUE" out of New York]

Jillian
MBA Ivy League

www.MBAIvyLeague.com
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Shweta,

I agree with the comments here - applying to 10-12 b-schools is just too many- theoretically possible, but not very practical!

The reason is, once you get down to doing the apps you will realize what a huge effort each one requires. Even if you spend your entire December writing essays, you are likely to burn out much before you reach the 7-8th app.

You should not compromise the quality of any app because of the quantity - because in that case, it will not yield any positive results.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your guidance. I am trying to narrow down my list of colleges as per your advice. But I am really unable to finalize my list. Are there any top colleges (Top 20/30) that accept applicants who do not have work experience, but who have good academic records (Engineering undergrad from one of the prestigious universities of India, with 3.5 GPA), high GMAT score (expecting a good score keeping in mind my practice test scores), good extra curriculars (dance, music, etc) and good event management experiences?
I realize that my profile is not that AMAZING, as I did not get opportunities to intern at some multinational companies or be a part of one of the biggest NGOs or something like that. And my list of colleges is long because I would still like to apply to 2-3 colleges from top 30, because I believe that I have strong post-MBA goals and reasons to justify my decision of taking MBA at this point of my life. So if you could help me decide some colleges based on my profile, then I would be very grateful to you. (I really understand that it is difficult to predict something because I don't even have my scores. But if I want to narrow down the list, then I HAVE to do it NOW! So, please help me decide, if you can.)

Thanks again for your previous responses, and hoping to get your response again.

Regards,
Shweta
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot