It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 08:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ie MIM application ethic code violation by admission officer?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
ie MIM application ethic code violation by admission officer? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 06:43
Hi guys,
I applied for the MIM at ie. I was able to do the first interview which went well and today I had my second interview which I think it went terribly so I was wondering if you could give me a hand on what to do....
The interview started fine with normal cv questions until the admission (senior officer) asked me 13 x 13 -10 which, by having dyscalculia I find it nearly impossible to do without writign it down or calculating it with a calculator. I was unable to answer it and I said that I have dyscalculia so I find it very hard to respond mathematical questions on the spot... After that it went weired... the interviewer spend the rest half an hour of the interview askign me about dislexia, how it impacted my academic and professional life etc which is something that made me feel increadibly unconfortable.... I asked the people at my uni (admission team for the post grad) and they said that its weired and wrong.... and very unprofessional...

Furthermore, she was not like, what are your weaknesses type of thing... she just asked directly about dyscalculia.... and went on and on with it which made me feel like i was an idiot or smth....

Without those questions I thought that my interview went quite well otherwise, so I am wondering whether by saying that I have dyscalculia and dyslexia it made my interview worse, thought they already have all certificates regargin it (gave it during application process)... I am wondering whether I should email them now and say it was very unprofessional and wrong, probably breaking ethic codes... or wait for an offer or none and tell them... or even appeal or contact the dean through linkedin.... what do you raccomand? I don't want to pass off as an a**hole and hinder my chances....

I still feel bad about it and I think it was very invasive, unprofessional and categorizing me from a disability which I cannot do anythign about....

What do you think?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 330 Q161 V169
Re: ie MIM application ethic code violation by admission officer? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 11:32
Does the government of Spain recognize this as a disability? I get that it was an ill-advised line of questioning and very uncomfortable. But what specific, documented ethics of the school have been violated? You need to be clear on that before filing a complaint or it could backfire.

Posted from my mobile device
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: ie MIM application ethic code violation by admission officer? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 13:38
I think unless there is a formal ethical Violation listed by the school or the government here then it will be hard to make a case. Interviews can go in a variety of directions and unfortunately this one went on a very weird and problematic one for you, but i think by complaining you will almost certainly doom
Your candidacy. Unless you have a strong relationship with someone else in admissions that you could have an off the cuff conversation i would wait for the results. One thing that works in your benson is that you did have two interviews so if the first one was as strong as you said it was you might still have a chance. Good luck. Please update once you hear your results!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: ie MIM application ethic code violation by admission officer?   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2017, 13:38

ie MIM application ethic code violation by admission officer?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap