GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 12:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IE MIM vs EDHEC double degree vs HHL vs Hult

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
IE MIM vs EDHEC double degree vs HHL vs Hult  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 12:08
Hi,

I've received an admission offer from all listed schools and I am still waiting for results from SAI schools.
I am confused to which school to decide to continue with.

My first preference is to secure a consulting job at a major consulting firm anywhere in Europe, post graduation.
IE Business School had been my first choice earlier due to its Top 3 ranking and overall brand. However, I do not have enough information about current condition of Spanish economy and I am concerned about employment opportunities post graduation, given my status as a non-EU resident.

Given my goals, please help me decide the most appropriate program. Individual school fees are not a concern to me.

- IE Business School - Madrid, Spain
- Hult International Business School - Boston, USA
- EDHEC Business School - Lille, France
- HHL - Leipzig, Germany

Any help or opinion is appreciated.

Much thanks!
Intern
Intern
Re: IE MIM vs EDHEC double degree vs HHL vs Hult  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 23:18
Which languages do you speak?

Especially given that you aim for consulting, the language skills will be more decisive than from which school you graduated.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 04:41
eduaudax I do not have language skills required by European countries. However, I intend to learn the language(s) as soon as I have finalized a school.
Can you please suggest me a school to pick for MIM, considering my status as an Indian and aim to work in Europe post graduation?

TIA!
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 14:46
Hunny wrote:
Hi,

I've received an admission offer from all listed schools and I am still waiting for results from SAI schools.
I am confused to which school to decide to continue with.

My first preference is to secure a consulting job at a major consulting firm anywhere in Europe, post graduation.
IE Business School had been my first choice earlier due to its Top 3 ranking and overall brand. However, I do not have enough information about current condition of Spanish economy and I am concerned about employment opportunities post graduation, given my status as a non-EU resident.

Given my goals, please help me decide the most appropriate program. Individual school fees are not a concern to me.

- IE Business School - Madrid, Spain
- Hult International Business School - Boston, USA
- EDHEC Business School - Lille, France
- HHL - Leipzig, Germany

Any help or opinion is appreciated.

Much thanks!

First off - drop Hult. It's not close to any of the other 3. Whereas they have slick campuses and amazing locations, they simply get those who can pay and will provide scholarships to anyone with good GMAT scores to drive up their average score. This is my own experience (I got 30% off my 710, but I declined). The smart people that decided to go there came away with a great experience, but did not learn much and had to deal with a big gap in skill within the class.

All 3 other schools are great, and all 3 allow for entrance into a consulting job. Of the 3, IE is definitely the best rated, and the only one in a capital city. But the language could be an issue - I have no idea.

That's all I have for you here! Good luck!

Applications:
WHU Otto Beisheim (Fall 2018) - Accepted ($$)
ESADE: MSc in Management (Fall 2018) - Accepted ($)
ESADE: MSc in Global Strategic Management (Fall 2018) - Matriculating ($)

GMAT: 26-4-2017: 710 (91) - Q45 V42
PREP CAT's:
GMAT PREP 1 - April 6, day 1 of studying - 680, Q48 V35
MGMAT Free CAT - April 14, day 8 of studying - 640, Q43 V34
GMAT PREP 2 - April 18, day 12 of studying - 700, Q45 V41
GMAT PREP 3 - April 25, day 19 of studying - 710, Q47 V41

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 01:03
Hey,

WHU would be a good option. The school has a pretty strong brand name is one of the best schools in Germany. Besides, Germany has good immigration laws and economy, so it will be easier to get jobs in the country.

IE is definitely a good option, but due to Spain’s stagnating economy and poor immigration laws it will be difficult to find jobs there. If you want a more international degree you can go for it, but you won’t have a lot of time to network and make the most out of the degree.
HHL is a decent option but it doesn’t quite match up to the other programs mentioned here, Also Leipzig is not an economically thriving city.
Among the 4 programs mentioned, Hult is the worst from every angle.

So, if you want to live in a stable place where you can work and network, then WHU is the best option.

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: IE MIM vs EDHEC double degree vs HHL vs Hult &nbs [#permalink] 20 Mar 2018, 01:03

IE MIM vs EDHEC double degree vs HHL vs Hult

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap