GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 08:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IE vs HEC Paris

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which MBA Program?

• 0% [0]
  • 100% [7]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
IE vs HEC Paris  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2018, 05:33
Hi everyone. I’m from the US and trying to decide between international MBA programs.

Ive been admitted to IE with a 20% scholarship and to HEC Paris. I do not speak French or Spanish and I’m worried it will impact my job prospects in Europe after graduation. I’m also worried that these schools are not well known in the US and will make getting a job in the US difficult.

Which school would you recommend? Or would you recommend waiting until next year and applying to programs in the states?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Re: IE vs HEC Paris  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2018, 06:11
Hi, I am from Madrid, Spain and I believe I can talk about IE since many friends have done it. Can´t talk about HEC though.

Just to clarify, the IE MBA you have been accepted at is the international - 1 year program? If that is right I can tell you that you are going to have the time of your life (party and trips are insane) and you will meet people from everywhere in the world, especially from south america (a ton of rich people from south america do this program). You can also learn a lot from the porgram depending on how hard you party (it is a balance). Check concentrations you are interested in, enterpreneourship is top concentration at IE, but if you are planning any career in finance then IE is not the school (IESE would be a better fit for finance but I do not recommend IESE now due to political conflicts in Catalunya - strikes all day, police, etc.-). Regarding employment in Spain, I want to be honest with you.It is very tough. Spain has gone through a huge economic crisis and unemployment in 2014-2015 was above 25%. Now is around 20%. Some companies are considering whether hiring MBA students is worth it or not, salaries are a joke compare to the US, and we do not have the inmigration experience/tradition that has the US, so visa sponsoring is something unknown here. My girlfriend is from the US, we have been living here together for 3 years and finding a job here has been extremely hard for her. Just a word of advice. Hope it helps. If you want to contact me feel free to shoot me a PM!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IE vs HEC Paris &nbs [#permalink] 19 Apr 2018, 06:11

IE vs HEC Paris

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, swbluedevil

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap