Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, general management
Schools:IE, IESE, ESADE
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Communications
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IESE 2009 intake [#permalink]
I thought about going to the event because I'm planning to visit a friend in New York one of these weekends anyway and would like to learn more about IESE before making a final decision on IE... but it's coming up so soon so I don't know if I'll be able to organize a trip that quickly :P I just got the e-mail notification like a week ago or something!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: MSc Accounting
Schools:Stockholm School of Economics
Send PM
I just received a rejection email from IESE (my first b-school application). That is a blow to one's confidence! Now I am starting to doubt whether I can get accepted anywhere else.

I told them that I depend heavily on a scholarship and I would not like to take a loan. I wonder if that hurt my chances, since there are no 100% scholarships, if I am correct.
Current Student
Send PM
By the way, this topic is getting old. We need a new one for 2010 intake.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
juvi999 wrote:
I just received a rejection email from IESE (my first b-school application). That is a blow to one's confidence! Now I am starting to doubt whether I can get accepted anywhere else.

I told them that I depend heavily on a scholarship and I would not like to take a loan. I wonder if that hurt my chances, since there are no 100% scholarships, if I am correct.

opsss sorry for your ding. hope you can find the best bs for you.
did you share your proflie? if not mind sharing?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Juvi, Don't be discouraged! If you got to the interview stage that means you were very close and you likely hav ea very good shot at getting into one of the other schools you applied to.

Did you apply to IE? They have a lot of scholarships available; that's one of the big reasons I focused on that school. They even have some 100 percent scholarships if you fit the right criteria (for example, I think there's one for Jordanian women!) Anyway, good luck on your other applications!

Edit: Correction; the Jordanian women scholarship only covers 85 percent, but that's still not bad! There's another scholarship open to all Arab students that would cover everything, even books and living expenses.. there's also a full-ride for American students, but the deadline has passed to apply. Anyway, maybe you aren't applying to IE, in which case this information is useless :-P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

I just got the acceptance email from IESE. I'm totally thrilled as this was my top choice school. I'll be paying the deposit by the month end.

Congratulations to all the admits and all the best for those awaiting results.

-Hari
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Juvi -- I just realized that you're one of the people I've been talking to on the IE Facebook page. Doh! So, nevermind, I'm sure you know all about those scholarships.

Hari, congratulations on your IESE admit!
Current Student
Send PM
sally22 wrote:
Juvi -- I just realized that you're one of the people I've been talking to on the IE Facebook page. Doh! So, nevermind, I'm sure you know all about those scholarships.

Sally> no, it is fine. I did not know about Arab scholarships, although I am not Arab. It is good to know that they have such specific scholarships.

westsew> I think that I shared my profile already but I don't mind repeating it. 28/female/Eastern Europe/3.75 GPA (a small private business school in the US - call it a lower tier)/700 (Q 49 V 36) 5.0

I worked 2.5 years in public accounting until I was laid off last year.
While at school I worked 2.5 years managing restaurants to support myself (full-time).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sally22 wrote:

Hey thanks a lot sally!
Current Student
Send PM
ghk wrote:
sally22 wrote:

Hey thanks a lot sally!

Congrats, ghk!! I am happy that you got in to a school that you wanted the most. Would you mind sharing your profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello there, I'm new in the forum... I will apply by 22 Feb deadline.
I have a question regarding letters of recommendation... one of my recommenders told me that he has only 5 lines to answers each question and that he can't attach a file.
Any idea on this???
Current Student
Send PM
pichino wrote:
Hello there, I'm new in the forum... I will apply by 22 Feb deadline.
I have a question regarding letters of recommendation... one of my recommenders told me that he has only 5 lines to answers each question and that he can't attach a file.
Any idea on this???

I mailed my recommendations by mail, so I am not sure about attaching files. However, you can see yourself the file online and each question has around 8 lines, not 5 (using a regular font). Using a smaller font, your recommender can even have more lines. If he/she wants to add more pages, you should email IESE admissions office and ask. Some schools don't like to receive more pages than requested.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Juvi!
to be honest I find that policy (5 lines per answer) quite strange... I don't see how can a recommender justify what he says in only 5 lines.
Anyway, good luck to everyone!
Current Student
Send PM
pichino wrote:
Thanks Juvi!
to be honest I find that policy (5 lines per answer) quite strange... I don't see how can a recommender justify what he says in only 5 lines.
Anyway, good luck to everyone!

I think that you are mistaken. There is no policy with 5 lines per answer because there are no lines in the letter. If you use Times New Roman size 12, you have 8 lines. If you use size 10, then you have 10 lines. Where are you getting 5? After all, how much can you write about someone's strengths? Tell your recommender that it is about quality not quantity. As they say, less is more.

By the way, IESE has a standard format for a recommendation letter. All European schools that I encountered give you two pages.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My recommenders filled out the IESE application online and had no complaints about the space limitation.
I feel bad for making them do that and then I never submitted the application :P
Current Student
Send PM
sally22 wrote:
My recommenders filled out the IESE application online and had no complaints about the space limitation.
I feel bad for making them do that and then I never submitted the application :P

haha I did that too for two other schools. They submitted but I did not tell them that I changed my mind on the schools. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
i just received my interview invite (i submitted by the april deadline). now i have to figure out how to set up this web conference thing. :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4