GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Jun 2019, 22:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

If a mid-aged guy can do it, so can you

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
If a mid-aged guy can do it, so can you  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 21:42
720 - I'm actually a bit disappointed ..... ,but still it's quite an achivement for an "oldman" like me.

When I started a few months , I couldnt remember even the basics in Maths . gmat maths is tricky ...very tricky . I had to pick up the basic knowledge ..read things online , spent a couple of days working on Official Prep1,2 Q section only ....repeated again and again till i could reach 51. You may think it's funny ...nope ..it's a mind game . It works!

My verbal started pretty ok ... I remember when I took official prep1 for the first time , I scored 40.... maybe a bit lucky ? but still my verbal was surely within the range of 33-36 to start with. It took me months to finish OG2019 ... Actually I never finished the RC section . sc 87% cr 87% rc a bit below 80%.

I did not make any plan ... just took free tests anywhere i could find . A week ago, I took 5 mock tests ..i was like really HOT. I told myself to take the test before that kind of feeling fade away, so I booked the test for a week later ( today ).

I went to the test center this morning . As soon as I started taking the test , I realized that my brain wasn't really responding as it was supposed to be . I was not used to the big screen at all. I struggled with the pace in Q section, and had to hurry up to catch up with the normal pace. I knew I made at least 3 mistakes .

After a brief break , I started the Verbal section . Geeeeeeeeee. how could I read SC on such a big screen . I couldnt comprehend anything ...... the first question took me a long time . of course the whole time I was struggling with my concentration . Honestly , through half way, I wanted to give up . I wasn't myself . I rushed though RC ,and worked on every single CR Q carefully. People always say "time will heal everything ".Well, in my case, time witnessed my struggling and It took its time .

Of course later on I didn't do well in IR and messed up in writing.

As soon as I finished my test, a score appreared on the big screen. I was totally exausted ,and forgot about anything ,everything. I was kinda schocked to realize that I just got a score . Not as good as I had expected before the test ,but better than I was expecting during the test.

ok ,fair enough . I will do better next time . I promise.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 540 Q44 V21
Re: If a mid-aged guy can do it, so can you  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 22:48
Truly inspiring story Asianyc

Congratulations for the awesome score.
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Re: If a mid-aged guy can do it, so can you  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 23:18
DarkHorse2019 wrote:
Truly inspiring story Asianyc

Congratulations for the awesome score.

Thanks

I wouldn't call it an awesome score.. first , i failed miserably in IR & Writing ; 2nd, It's not really a competitive score . I need a better score to make up for my extremely low GPA
GMAT Club Bot
Re: If a mid-aged guy can do it, so can you   [#permalink] 29 Dec 2018, 23:18

If a mid-aged guy can do it, so can you

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics