Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q37 V33
GPA: 3.13
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: If you studied in a group how did it work out for you? [#permalink]
Musicat wrote:
Hey,

I've now been studying with a couple of my friends for a few weeks. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.
I think the problem is that we didn't come with a clear plan right from the beginning.
It would work best if you made a very detailed plan, like the stydy times vs. time discussing the questions and topics with the group.
You might even want to study like you would alone, but then at the end of the day, discuss all the topics briefly with the group, and maybe do a summary of the topics with the group together.

We're still in the very start, but we made a plan, and after that it's been going much better!

Thank you for your advice.
I never considered mainly using my own study style and then bringing it all together with the group at the end. Each person has their own preferred way of doing things and I guess this helps make it easier.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
wannabemba28 wrote:
I've tried studying with a friend and while it does help in understanding many concepts, it's also frustratingly slow and demands a lot of planning beforehand. I feel that group studies work best when you are 5-6 months away from taking the test.

Yeah I normally have one buddy I study with, but whenever the group grows beyond that it becomes more like people talking over each other.

Thanks for your input.
GMAT Club Bot