Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 17:32 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IIM A PGPX vs. ISB PGP [#permalink]
I am in US and I am looking to move back to India

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Send PM
mbaAdmit788 wrote:
I am in US and I am looking to move back to India

Perfect,

Try ISB PGP in this scenario because that adds flagship brand and also some international work ex gets you an add-age on ISB because predominantly ISB is more a school with more international focus too. IIMs too and they are obviously dominant players in India but flagship PGP wise.

There are a few other aspects but given what you said, ISB seems like a better choice.

However, I am only speaking from information I have, if there is something specific to you, you can always share that and I can certainly give you my perspective.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
IIM A PGPX vs. ISB PGP [#permalink]
Thanks for your response. I am a bit conflicted because from what I have heard ISB’s placement opportunities for people with about 7 years of experience isn’t the best as the average work ex is about 4 years. Is that right?

SVP
SVP
Send PM
mbaAdmit788 wrote:
Thanks for your response. I am a bit conflicted because from what I have heard ISB’s placement opportunities for people with about 7 years of experience isn’t the best as the average work ex is about 4 years. Is that right?

For that I won't trust the rumours, but I would do my own research with current students who are in similar capacity as you.

My neighbour had similar work ex, got placed too.

But, yes, some of the companies are looking for younger professionals but that is a company specific thing- this will also follow for PGPX because companies do look for that.

You should certainly do an outreach and speak to current students about the current situation post-recession and in this market.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I did speak to some students and they did say that ISB does have more opportunities for people with 2-4 years. It could also be that the current market is bad so there aren’t as many opportunities especially for those with more experience.

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
mbaAdmit788 wrote:

mbaAdmit788 I worked abroad for 6 years before returning to India. While I chose INSEAD over IIMA or ISB, most of my Indian colleagues who also returned to India chose IIM A over ISB (or a foreign B-school). I can speak more about their career paths if you connect with me directly.

ISB generally targets people with 5-6 years of work experience or younger. If your experience is 2 years or more beyond that, opportunities may be limited. However, a lot depends on your previous experience and your ability to stand out. Immediate post-MBA jobs are not the true reflection of the long-term value of an MBA.

Also, IIM A PGPX is "the 1-year MBA" that has global recognition and is ranked among the top MBA programs. Its not fair to compare IIM A PGPX with the flagship "IIMA PGDM". That is like comparing HEC Paris MBA with HEC MiM (one of the best MiMs) but both are very different programs targeted to people who are at different stages in their careers. IIM A PDGM is globally recognized as a master's program (similar to a MiM). For the PGPX (which is IIM A's MBA), the school looks at a very different profile construct and folks who are at a different stage in their professional careers. IIM A brand has more weight outside of India, and people generally recognize it more due to the age of the institution (most people in the academia or in recruitment abroad heave heard about IITs and IIMs). However, both ISB and IIM A would be able to provide you that edge if you ever decide to move abroad again.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts