GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 08:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IMD vs HEC

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

HEC Paris   IMD   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
IMD vs HEC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2019, 05:57
Hi guys,

I have been admitted to IMD as well as HEC Paris . Has anyone done research recently about these schools ? I am 34+ , strong finance background interested in staying in Finance. based on my experience so far I have found IMD very impressive , in terms of their selection process and their approach. HEC has been nice enough , but I have a small scholarship from HEC to make it a bit sweeter(EUR 15k) I am not sure about French work culture , I find it very emotional and aggressive based on my limited experience on assignments.

Is anyone is the same position or if you have done research, please let me know your views s.

Many thanks in advance.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: IMD vs HEC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 23:33
Hi,
I have done research and attended open day of both schools. They both are impressive as per me.
HEC :-
1. Very BIG advantage of extended 2 years visa due to Indo-French ties.
2. Diverse in placements - Industries, Consulting, etc.
3. I think Strong Alumni network. Students said that most of the people are getting jobs due to alumni/networking
4. Famous of producing 4K CEO's either by start up or employement
5. Have the option of internship/exchange
6. Work on overall development. 2 days at Saint Cyr. MBAT
7. Different treks (consulting, industrial, marketing, luxury, etc)
8. Accommodation inside the campus

IMD :-
1. Reputed for big and leadership positions
2. quick 11 months
3. Challenging in ICP for 6 weeks.
4. 10 days global expedition (included in fee)
5. Lunch included in fee. Delicious and lot of varieties :angel:
6. Networking availability for all the alumni (EMBA, short term leadership courses)
7. Emphasis only on professional and work
8. approx 70% industrial placements

You should start learning French that will be helpful for both the schools. What are your MBA goals and where do you want to settle after MBA?

Rose2012 wrote:
Hi guys,

I have been admitted to IMD as well as HEC Paris . Has anyone done research recently about these schools ? I am 34+ , strong finance background interested in staying in Finance. based on my experience so far I have found IMD very impressive , in terms of their selection process and their approach. HEC has been nice enough , but I have a small scholarship from HEC to make it a bit sweeter(EUR 15k) I am not sure about French work culture , I find it very emotional and aggressive based on my limited experience on assignments.

Is anyone is the same position or if you have done research, please let me know your views s.

Many thanks in advance.

Not happy with current GMAT - check Retake Strategy
Follow the experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2019, 05:37
I just made my decision and went ahead with IMD. I liked HEC too, but there was someting about IMD that just stood out through out the process for me. I recall they had waived my application fee in R3 as I am a female :) The alumni are amazing, I found them all to be super responsive and helpful , even going out of their way to talk to me and advice me. This combined with the fact all the alumni I spoke to were of really high calibre meant that I felt very comfortable about being with a great peer set.

The assessment day is very cool and I think everyone should go on campus for this ( if at all possible). I also found that in 2018, out of 18 Indians, 15 got placed in Europe / Dubai which is by any benchmark an excellent indicator of the calibre of the students. I also think women should definitely apply , as IMD is seeking to include more women in their classes.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2019, 05:48
That's wonderful news and I wish you all the best. I believe it's a good decision. I saw your comment that 15 out of 18 Indians got placed. It means that 3 did not got placed. The same information I got in campus open day. Somebody told me, that they did not got the job due to their own wish/mistakes.

Rose2012 wrote:
I just made my decision and went ahead with IMD. I liked HEC too, but there was someting about IMD that just stood out through out the process for me. I recall they had waived my application fee in R3 as I am a female :) The alumni are amazing, I found them all to be super responsive and helpful , even going out of their way to talk to me and advice me. This combined with the fact all the alumni I spoke to were of really high calibre meant that I felt very comfortable about being with a great peer set.

The assessment day is very cool and I think everyone should go on campus for this ( if at all possible). I also found that in 2018, out of 18 Indians, 15 got placed in Europe / Dubai which is by any benchmark an excellent indicator of the calibre of the students. I also think women should definitely apply , as IMD is seeking to include more women in their classes.

Not happy with current GMAT - check Retake Strategy
Follow the experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IMD vs HEC   [#permalink] 11 Oct 2019, 05:48

IMD vs HEC

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste