Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
check [#permalink]
Aaudetat, thanks for the tip.
Johnny, you should check with the school. It looks like a standard. My school requires me to take about 20 shots => so scary.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Check this other thread:

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... ht=#312357

Apparently it's a very common requirement.

L.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
Re: Immunizations [#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:

I shot an email to my high school nurse

That's amazing. I couldn't remember the name of my HS nurse even if my life depended on it. What's even more impressive is that recalled who you were after (presumably) all these years.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Immunizations [#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

I shot an email to my high school nurse

That's amazing. I couldn't remember the name of my HS nurse even if my life depended on it. What's even more impressive is that recalled who you were after (presumably) all these years.

Two things: i'm from a very small town - it's like mayberry. you see, kathy's son was a few years ahead of me and a lifeguard, and i had a crush on him. You know. and one year around christmas her husband shot himself and the whole town was talking about it. (god i hate that place.)

the second: i was an uber-snot in high school, always causing trouble and lipping off and generally going my own way in as obnoxious a fashion as possible. and then i went off to france as an exchange student during my senior year. All of that made quite an impression -- the janitors still call me frenchy if i run into them when i'm back in town.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Amazing story, Aaudetat. I wish I were in the same high-school with you. :lol: :shock:
btw, our efforts (you know what I mean) were not successful. But I'm fine with that. At least I did try.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i just went through all of this a few weeks ago and am all set. all you have to do is go to your doctor and request getting a titer for all the things you are sure you have immunity to.

kellogg requires immunity to MMR and tetanus. you do a self-screening for TB (bizarre, but whatev).

i'm sure i got the MMR vaccine as a child, so they just drew a few vials of blood and tested to see that i have the antibodies still in my system (which of course i did). easy peasy.

you're supposed to get a tetanus booster every 10 years so i just went ahead and got that shot. it sucked but not a huge deal. in case you're scared of needles, just know that the actual shot itself didn't hurt at all. i was sore for a few days after with a low-grade fever, that's what sucked for me.

anyway, moral of the story is just go to your doc and explain the situation. if you have already gotten the shots and are just worried about getting them again, they'll do a simple blood test. i don't know about you kids, but i'd *much rather* get blood taken than get a shot. but if you're needle-shy enough to even hate getting blood taken, you're SOL.

oh, and if your school is requiring immunization to things you've never gotten shots for...you're SOL on that too.

fun fun!
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've read a little bit more about this issue, and apparently, the schools are bound by state requirements. At least in the documentation I've read there's lots of "the state of Massachussets requires...". So, there you go, it's state law.

There's also the option to opt out of all the stuff due to religious reasons (by detailing in writing those reasons), and if you do so, you will be evacuated from campus in the event of an outbreak.

Cheers. L.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
I've read a little bit more about this issue, and apparently, the schools are bound by state requirements. At least in the documentation I've read there's lots of "the state of Massachussets requires...". So, there you go, it's state law.

There's also the option to opt out of all the stuff due to religious reasons (by detailing in writing those reasons), and if you do so, you will be evacuated from campus in the event of an outbreak.

Cheers. L.

See, religion still presides over state law. God bless America!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
See, religion still presides over state law. God bless America!

Ha hah ha!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ugh, I just went for my TB test and my tetanus update. I felt like puking all morning, and the TB test hurt like mad. Wahwahwah.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]