It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 02:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Incorrect grade for a course in transcripts. What do I do?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3
WE: Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Incorrect grade for a course in transcripts. What do I do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 02:46
Hi,

In my postgrad transcripts, my grade for a particular course is listed incorrectly as 'F'. I actually got a 'B', which can be confirmed by the grade points awarded to me for that course (mentioned in the adjoining column), which is 3 (corresponding to B) rather than 0 (corresponding to F).

My question is - should I mention the above discrepancy explicitly in my application, perhaps in the optional essay? Or should I let it be, considering the fact that its just one course and the AdCom would understand that it is a typo from the grade point number? I don't really want to attract their attention to something that can be potentially insignificant.

Please advise, folks!

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 64

GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Incorrect grade for a course in transcripts. What do I do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 03:03
akpiper86 wrote:
Hi,

In my postgrad transcripts, my grade for a particular course is listed incorrectly as 'F'. I actually got a 'B', which can be confirmed by the grade points awarded to me for that course (mentioned in the adjoining column), which is 3 (corresponding to B) rather than 0 (corresponding to F).

My question is - should I mention the above discrepancy explicitly in my application, perhaps in the optional essay? Or should I let it be, considering the fact that its just one course and the AdCom would understand that it is a typo from the grade point number? I don't really want to attract their attention to something that can be potentially insignificant.

Please advise, folks!

You should ask your own university to rectify the error and provide a new official transcript. They will provide you within a week or so. To speed up the process provide them the mark sheet of the semester.

If you like my posts, please give kudos. Help me unlock gmatclub tests.

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 64

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3
WE: Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: Incorrect grade for a course in transcripts. What do I do? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 03:13
mkrishnabdrr wrote:
akpiper86 wrote:
Hi,

Please advise, folks!

You should ask your own university to rectify the error and provide a new official transcript. They will provide you within a week or so. To speed up the process provide them the mark sheet of the semester.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I'm in the process of doing that. But I have two deadlines in the next week or so and I don't think the grade will be rectified by then. I ask this question specifically for these two submissions.

Re: Incorrect grade for a course in transcripts. What do I do?   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2017, 03:13

Incorrect grade for a course in transcripts. What do I do?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap