Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 02:25 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 02:25
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [2]
Given Kudos: 267
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4147 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Indian VS EU VS AUS Schools [#permalink]
Well I have worked for close to 5 years in the US and had to come back due to visa issues. While it was disappointing at first, the lack of stability in american immigration especially with the H1B is rather unsettling and does not do well in terms of long term plans. I was getting tired of being an engineer and wanted to move into management and felt that this was the right time due to personal and professional reasons. Right now I am still young, do not have any other commitments and can choose to move ahead with my life per my terms. Questions comes down to whether opportunities and quality of life will be better in India, Germany or Australia not just for the next 5 years but for the foreseeable future. India has becoming a massive economy both in terms of tech and manufacturing over the last few years and can see India growing massively over the coming decade. On the other hand, I self admittedly will say I do not like the working culture at a lot of indian companies and greatly appreciate work life balance. Ultimately it comes down to a few moving factors and wanted to see if people had any experiences or advice to share.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 267
Send PM
Kudos
dnanirudh wrote:
Well I have worked for close to 5 years in the US and had to come back due to visa issues. While it was disappointing at first, the lack of stability in american immigration especially with the H1B is rather unsettling and does not do well in terms of long term plans. I was getting tired of being an engineer and wanted to move into management and felt that this was the right time due to personal and professional reasons. Right now I am still young, do not have any other commitments and can choose to move ahead with my life per my terms. Questions comes down to whether opportunities and quality of life will be better in India, Germany or Australia not just for the next 5 years but for the foreseeable future. India has becoming a massive economy both in terms of tech and manufacturing over the last few years and can see India growing massively over the coming decade. On the other hand, I self admittedly will say I do not like the working culture at a lot of indian companies and greatly appreciate work life balance. Ultimately it comes down to a few moving factors and wanted to see if people had any experiences or advice to share.

hi again, i agree with your pov...i have one specific program reco for you in india...look for iim c pgpex vlm program...its one year mba only but for the engineers like you...it will perfectly align with your background...on WLB i think germany serves better...interestingly again your strong engg background and international exposure will be very much valued by german employers...
GMAT Club Bot