Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategic Management, Finance, Managerial and Organizational Behavior
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Indicate why you're applying in R3 in app? [#permalink]
shana22 wrote:
milias wrote:
I'm thinking of applying to one more school in R3. Should I indicate why I chose to apply in R3 in my application? I've heard both opinions on this. Som people tend to think that it's necessary to address this in the application, as the school would want to know why you're applying this late in the game. Others tend to think that I shouldn't bring up this topic unless I'm asked. What do you think? What's the recommended course of action here?

A member of the Darden adcom told me that I should address why in the "additional comments" section.

I knew I should have done one :oops: Ah well, cant be helped now.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
I actually don't have a very legit reason, like I was stuck on the Lost island or something. I guess that means I should omit it unless I'm asked about it.
Current Student
Send PM
milias wrote:
I actually don't have a very legit reason, like I was stuck on the Lost island or something. I guess that means I should omit it unless I'm asked about it.

Well, here is my reason:

I was limited to applying to schools in the region where my husband is stationed (he is a Marine) until he resigned his commission which happened 3 weeks ago! :-D Basically the day after that happened I hit submit on 2 additional applications to schools that I would be really, really happy to attend. (Obviously, this would not be a consideration if I was just married but we have 2 little kids so I am not going to up and move to the opposite side of the country unless he can come too.)
GMAT Club Bot