GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 13:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Input request for EMBA decision

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2018
Posts: 2
Input request for EMBA decision  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 10:34
I'd like input on whether an EMBA is right for me and which school. A few key points:

- 15+ years in non-profit sector, mostly at director or VP level, and focused on externally facing functions
- Live in North Texas region (Dallas/Fort Worth) and no plans to leave
- Educational background - Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Master's Degree in humanities
- Looking to transition towards a more operational or strategic role, either within non-profit sector (service provider or in philanthropy), eventually #1 or #2 spot in organization.... OR consulting with those groups for social impact. Just started my own consulting firm and have a couple of projects.
- No employer $ support
- Admitted to TCU with scholarship. Pending decision from Duke Fuqua Weekend EMBA (3rd round) this week. Granted EA exemption by Duke based on prior Master's Degree, undergrad coursework, and professional experience. Have started application to Kellogg, but their timing on scholarship decisions means I'd have to give up TCU option before hearing from them.
- Cost: TCU seems to have a strong reputation in the region. TCU would be about 90K after scholarship. Weekend EMBA at Duke is $140K, or estimated $120K if I get a scholarship. Kellogg is closer to $200K and unsure of what scholarship amount would be realistic.

First, does EMBA seem like the right call given my industry and aspirations?

Second, input on picking a strong regional program vs. top 10 considering the cost difference?
Personal MBA Coach Founder
User avatar
P
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Joined: 11 Sep 2010
Posts: 1423
Location: United States (NY)
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Re: Input request for EMBA decision  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 02:58
lonestartraveler wrote:
I'd like input on whether an EMBA is right for me and which school. A few key points:

- 15+ years in non-profit sector, mostly at director or VP level, and focused on externally facing functions
- Live in North Texas region (Dallas/Fort Worth) and no plans to leave
- Educational background - Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Master's Degree in humanities
- Looking to transition towards a more operational or strategic role, either within non-profit sector (service provider or in philanthropy), eventually #1 or #2 spot in organization.... OR consulting with those groups for social impact. Just started my own consulting firm and have a couple of projects.
- No employer $ support
- Admitted to TCU with scholarship. Pending decision from Duke Fuqua Weekend EMBA (3rd round) this week. Granted EA exemption by Duke based on prior Master's Degree, undergrad coursework, and professional experience. Have started application to Kellogg, but their timing on scholarship decisions means I'd have to give up TCU option before hearing from them.
- Cost: TCU seems to have a strong reputation in the region. TCU would be about 90K after scholarship. Weekend EMBA at Duke is $140K, or estimated $120K if I get a scholarship. Kellogg is closer to $200K and unsure of what scholarship amount would be realistic.

First, does EMBA seem like the right call given my industry and aspirations?

Second, input on picking a strong regional program vs. top 10 considering the cost difference?


It looks like an EMBA would do a lot for your career so I would certainly consider it. In terms of the local benefit vs top 10, if you can get into a top 10 (I would need to know more about your background), the benefit would outweigh the cost in my mind. At the end of the day you are looking to advance your career and there is enough of a difference between the schools to make that happen. Feel free to reach out for more guidance on your Kellogg EMBA application.

Best,
Scott
_________________

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Sign up for a free consultation!

Image

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Input request for EMBA decision &nbs [#permalink] 23 Mar 2018, 02:58
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Input request for EMBA decision

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.