GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 03:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
INSEAD Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 14:52
Hello,

Please help me in evaluation of my profile against the odds of it getting selected for INSEAD- Sept'19(R3) or Jan 2020(R1-R2) admissions
Nationality: Indian
Sex: Male
Languages: Hindi (Native), English (Fluent), German (Beginner)
Education: Bachelors in Engineering - Civil Engineering (Major) ( Bachelors completed in May 2015 )
GPA: 8.05/10 (Indian Version), 4/4(US 4 Point Scale)
GMAT : 730 (Q-49, V-42, IR-5, AWA-5)

Working experience:
Associated with Amazon.in for last 3.5 years as an Area Manager, a role in which i handle Warehouse/Fulfillment Operations. Recently promoted to Manager Level 2.

International exposure:
None as of now.

Extra- Curricular:
I like to watch and analyse football - Primarily Spanish.
I read a lot about India Trade/Share Markets and about worthy investments.
Worked for social organization for about 1.5 years ( which helps poor and underprivileged) during my undergrad course.

Post-MBA goals:
Continue working in France.
Job in an Consultant/ Program Management Role.

Let me know if you need more info from me.
Also please suggest if this profile has prospects of it getting selected in any of the following colleges:
1. HEC, Paris.
2. MIT Sloan
3. Tepper
4. NYU Stern
5. University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 21:12
Although it's worth giving it a shot, INSEAD & MIT will both be more in the reach category based on what you've shared here. You're coming from the toughest demographic out there when it comes to b-school apps, as you probably know, and it's one that tends to have very high GMAT scores. So while 730 is a solid score, it's average for your demographic & won't help you stand out. Engineering is the most common background, with many applicants coming from IIT so if you have not come from IIT that will make it a bit tougher as well. The fact that you have Amazon on your resume will help for sure - that is an awesome name to have under your belt. But it will be critical to show examples where you have used business skills to drive meaningful, quantifiable results at work. Extracurriculars are another place that are a bit of a weakness for you - they really like to see recent examples vs. example from undergrad and ideally ones where you've shown leadership and, again, driven results. It's good that you did some work for the social organization & that's better than nothing for sure although is a bit old as I mentioned & it's one of the most common types of extracurricular experiences among Indian applicants. Consulting is also one of the most common post-MBA goals for your demographic, so it would be worth considering possibly switching those for something a bit more unique that could help your application stand out from the crowd. Is there any possibility of a sponsorship from Amazon? That would strengthen your application immensely. Although I'm focusing on the challenges you face here, don't lose hope of getting into a top school. It will just be particularly critical for you to go into your applications with a strong strategy and identify all of the ways that you can differentiate yourself. That can come through work experience, personal experiences, goals, etc. These essays are an art form after all.

Of the schools you've mentioned, you've got the best shot at Tepper, which in my experience tends to accept more Indian male engineering applicants than many other schools. I'd also consider UNC & Emory. You have a shot at HEC & NYU and they are less of a reach than INSEAD or MIT but they will be tougher to get into than Tepper, UNC or Emory.

Hope that helps!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753

INSEAD Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap