GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Apr 2020, 13:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

INSEAD VS DUKE

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
INSEAD VS DUKE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 01:22
Hey guys! I have been admitted to several B Schools in the US and decided on Duke with $ thanks to your advice. I have deposited and started visa process. But now Insead just offered me a spot with $ also, so cost is not a factor. I am struggling to decide : insead is high ranked and I did my undergrad in France so I feel that transition will be easy, on the other hand I want the us experience. Goal post mba would be impact investing or MBB. I should also consider work visa situation as an African citizen.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
S
Schools: Duke '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Re: INSEAD VS DUKE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 07:24
Congrats! Bias up front--I'm heading to Duke.

I think Duke will offer the global aspect and a deeper network, you'll also get access to MBB in addition to impact investing. Have you looked into the (CASE) The Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship? Seems like that would be a good fit.

https://centers.fuqua.duke.edu/case/tag ... investing/

Duke would likely be a differentiator for you given that you already did undergrad in France, and allow you to experience a more close-knit "collegiate" experience. Have you been able to connect with other African citizens at Fuqua?
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 16:35
It’s an interesting decision. To start with, I won’t fall for the rankings on FT or USNews or Bloomberg or whatever
If you look at the employment reports and class profile, you’ll see that Insead has a ton of kids going to MBBs post MBA and there is global diversity there.
There is global diversity at Duke too, but with fewer kids going to MBBs.
In the current political environment, getting those H1B jobs for non native Americans has been hard, but it might change when you graduate.
Having said that, with Brexit and changing political climate in Western Europe, it’s not any different there either.
Either choices will be good, probability of getting a job in europe and in MBBs is higher with Insead
And probability of getting a job in USA with financial services may be higher with Duke

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 20:26
Congratulations on your admits and great offers!
Where do you want to be long term?

If you want to a 2-year program with an internship, then Fuqua. (MBB internships are super duper hard to score though, so even harder than a FT position). If you want to work in the US long term, then Fuqua as well.

If you want to get back to work faster, then INSEAD.
If you have more work experience and older, also INSEAD
Finally, if you want to work in Europe or Asia, then INSEAD.

MBB is always competitive in both INSEAD and in Fuqua. I feel INSEAD does a really good job since there is not a whole lot of feeders into MBB globally and it feels (based on the semi-transparent employment reports), INSEAD has an edge over many other schools when it comes to consulting/MBB placement. However, INSEAD is super secretive - they provide no data about their admits, numbers, etc.

The two programs are quite different and have different pace and .... I can't think of what is actually the same about them :)
Re: INSEAD VS DUKE   [#permalink] 07 May 2019, 20:26

INSEAD VS DUKE

new topic post reply Update application status