GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 12:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

International experience in INSEAD application form

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
International experience in INSEAD application form  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2018, 20:38
Hello folks,

Need some ideas on how to fill the international experience. The section asks for "From Date' and 'To Date'. Now my trips were not continuous and staggered.
For instance, I have spent 120+ days in Thailand for a project over a 1 year period. It was over 20+ trips, with the longest continuous trip being a 2-week one.
How should I put the From and To dates in such cases? Should I put the dates for each trip separately? Or should I just put the longest 1-2 trips?

My concern is that if I put 20+ trips, it will look really long in the form and not be reader friendly, with the table having multiple rows. However, if I just put 1-2 trips, the total duration would probably be around 20 days, which is not that significant and meaty. A mid-way approach would be to put in around 5-6 trips and make the total number of days around 50 which is still significant.

Would be great to get some thoughts on how to approach this.

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: International experience in INSEAD application form  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 13:58
nishantd88 wrote:
Hello folks,

Need some ideas on how to fill the international experience. The section asks for "From Date' and 'To Date'. Now my trips were not continuous and staggered.
For instance, I have spent 120+ days in Thailand for a project over a 1 year period. It was over 20+ trips, with the longest continuous trip being a 2-week one.
How should I put the From and To dates in such cases? Should I put the dates for each trip separately? Or should I just put the longest 1-2 trips?

My concern is that if I put 20+ trips, it will look really long in the form and not be reader friendly, with the table having multiple rows. However, if I just put 1-2 trips, the total duration would probably be around 20 days, which is not that significant and meaty. A mid-way approach would be to put in around 5-6 trips and make the total number of days around 50 which is still significant.

nishantd88 Is Thailand the only item you have for this section?

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 16:15
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
nishantd88 wrote:
Hello folks,

nishantd88 Is Thailand the only item you have for this section?

Nope. I'm an Indian citizen living in Malaysia for 2.5 years. So that's there.
Other than that I have two 2-week trips to South Korea, one 3 day trip to Singapore and 2 month-long trips to Saudi Arabia in addition to Thailand.

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 14:46
My suggestion would be to mention the start dates of your longest trip and put the end date of the trip such that total duration comes out to be the same as the length of your experience. Make sure that you explain why you did so in the section which asks for any additional clarification.

Another alternative is to enlist all the trips.

http://aidmit.com/

INSEAD CLASS OF 19J

Founder, Aidmit.com
We help you secure MBA Admit

GMAT Club Bot
Re: International experience in INSEAD application form &nbs [#permalink] 28 Aug 2018, 14:46

International experience in INSEAD application form

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap