Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:34 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
same prob! [#permalink]
hey mitch, i had the same dilemma. i was near nyc so i had a lot of options about how to best prepare quickly. i didn't end up doing it, but check out manhattan review's weekend crash courses. one of my girlies took their class out in london and loved it. obviously i'd rather have months to get ready, but if you gotta get it done quick, they apparently do a nice job of covering the bases. she was more pleased with her math preparation from their crash course, but said that they got teh job done with verbal also. good luck. i know i'll need it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OG vs Kaplan 800?? [#permalink]
Hello everyone...I wanted to thank everyone for the support so far...I had a quick question:

If I am aiming for a 640-660 range from a 560 a year ago, what would the best prep guide be? I have OG, but I heard Kaplan 800 is a great tool. However, I also heard that the problems are very difficult which is fine but I want to be realistic as far as my target score and time constraint. (1month). Any advice would be a tremendous help!

Cheers,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
its very possible you just have to dedicate the time to study. Lets face it the key is to determine your weakness and improve upon it. Thanks
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
Re: OG vs Kaplan 800?? [#permalink]
mitch25 wrote:
Hello everyone...I wanted to thank everyone for the support so far...I had a quick question:

If I am aiming for a 640-660 range from a 560 a year ago, what would the best prep guide be? I have OG, but I heard Kaplan 800 is a great tool. However, I also heard that the problems are very difficult which is fine but I want to be realistic as far as my target score and time constraint. (1month). Any advice would be a tremendous help!

Cheers,

I went from a 500 to a 640 in six weeks just focusing on GMATPrep, retire ETS paper tests, MGMAT, McGraw Hill, and the OG. It was by far one of the toughest six weeks of my life (aside from preparing for the Japanese Level 1 exam) but the practice did boost my confidence.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Re: Thanks for your reply! [#permalink]
mitch25 wrote:

Would you say this amount of time is sufficient?
weekdays - 2hr of one question type
sat.- full length CAT and review answers
sun.- full length CAT and review answers

Cheers!!

that's definitely enough time. I did that and got a 650.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
as far as taking a full CAT on both weekend days I've found that doing sections at a time is really effective...rather than jumping into full tests, building up your test taking stamina by doing sections at a time is a fulfilling strategy.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]