GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 11:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.
  • Save up to $500 on MBA Admissions Consulting!

November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Apply with confidence using an Accepted admissions expert, save money and get accepted!

Is 730 on GMAT (50Q) okay for MBB?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Is 730 on GMAT (50Q) okay for MBB?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 03:51
Dear GMAT Club members,

I am heading to an M7 school this fall and interested to recruit for Consulting (MBB specifically). I wanted to ask the forum members if 730 on GMAT (50Q) is fine?

I am considering retaking the GMAT if need be. Maybe do a quick crash course (but doubt if I will be able to hit 740+ in 14 days), it's been more than a year since I took the GMAT. Please advice.

bb,MBAPrepCoach: Would be useful to get your feedback. Would be super helpful to also get insights from others on the forum.

On other aspects of the background, I am fairly confident and hopefully covered.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Is 730 on GMAT (50Q) okay for MBB?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 13:04
applicant1992 wrote:
Dear GMAT Club members,

I am heading to an M7 school this fall and interested to recruit for Consulting (MBB specifically). I wanted to ask the forum members if 730 on GMAT (50Q) is fine?

I am considering retaking the GMAT if need be. Maybe do a quick crash course (but doubt if I will be able to hit 740+ in 14 days), it's been more than a year since I took the GMAT. Please advice.

bb,MBAPrepCoach: Would be useful to get your feedback. Would be super helpful to also get insights from others on the forum.

On other aspects of the background, I am fairly confident and hopefully covered.

Hi applicant1992

As I already told on forum 730 is fine.

In that conditions described, you cannot hit 740+ in 14 days, since you studied for GMAT more than year ago, however you don't need it anyways.

You are set.

Here are some cold facts.

You asked for M7, but here it is expanded list of top 10, with highest average GMAT scores:

Stanford University (CA) 737

Northwestern University (Kellogg) (IL) 732

Harvard University (MA) 731

University of Chicago (Booth) 730

University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) 730

Yale University (CT) 727

Columbia University (NY) 727

University of California—Berkeley (Haas) 725

Dartmouth College (Tuck) (NH) 722

Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan) 722

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-g ... mat-scores

Furthermore, if you need more sources to corroborate the same story, esteemed Economist agrees with previously above stated :

https://gmat.economist.com/gmat-advice/ ... mat-scores

Again, if you like more independent sources and want to make sure that is actually constant 5 year trend, that doesn't change much, picture will be posted below:

https://poetsandquants.com/2018/01/24/a ... -top-50/2/

Do you believe me now ? :-)

Do I need to present more research, that will tell exactly the same story over and over ?

Now, pay attention, gist of this scores is that people below that, or below your score are accepted all the time !

Once you cross certain threshold (720-730), or lower, depending on school, it is not about GMAT anymore.

Speaking of which, you mention that your overall profile is great and you have really strong undergraduate GPA and most importantly you do not have any concern, besides GMAT.

There you go.

I am going to be first to congratulate you on future acceptance to M7, to school of your choice (keeping in mind all the facts) which will lead later to desired Consulting MBB ! :cool:
Attachments

rankings according to gmat score.png
rankings according to gmat score.png [ 24.44 KiB | Viewed 592 times ]

Your kudos are much appreciated

SVP
SVP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 13:20
applicant1992 wrote:
Dear GMAT Club members,

applicant1992 you're absolutely fine, anything over 720 is okay for those attending a top 20 School 710 is okay for anyone attending a top 10 School. For MBB. Provided that your Quant score is decent.

At this point I would encourage you to pick up a copy of Case in Point and work with someone on the simulated case exercises on the McKinsey website.

Get networked with other MBB aspirants at school, but I would also recommend that you hire someone outside of that circle to get some objective feedback on your performance.

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2018, 12:47
Thank you MBAPrepCoach and billionaire.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.94

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2018, 15:02
applicant1992 wrote:
Dear GMAT Club members,

You should be fine for admission to an M7, assuming equally strong aspects of the rest of your application.

MBB cares about GMAT, but also cares about a lot of other things. Per other comments, working hard on case prep, networking, and really honing in on the firms' differences and where you could slot in will determine your success.

Colin Keeler
BeenThere Technologies

http://www.beenthere.biz
Twitter: @BeenThereBiz
Instagram: beentheretech

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Is 730 on GMAT (50Q) okay for MBB? &nbs [#permalink] 21 Jul 2018, 15:02

Is 730 on GMAT (50Q) okay for MBB?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap