GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 20:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Is it a ding if it has been more than 21 days?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Is it a ding if it has been more than 21 days?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 17:49
Hi there,

I submitted my app for early decision on 10/2. Is it fair to assume its a ding if I have not heard back yet?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth '21, CBS '21
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Is it a ding if it has been more than 21 days?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 18:52
Hi shah8,

In prior years, there were some instances where the invite came more than 21 days after submission -- especially for those who applied close to the deadline. Best of luck, keep your head up!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 19:18
antetokoumpo wrote:
Hi shah8,

In prior years, there were some instances where the invite came more than 21 days after submission -- especially for those who applied close to the deadline. Best of luck, keep your head up!

Thank you! I am nervous because according to Livewire, others who submitted same day or on the deadline (10/3) have received invites yesterday.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 19:22
It also depends on when you completed your application. CBS gives candidates upto 3 weeks to complete application post submission. By completion it could refer to a Recommendation that is yet to come, update of scores etc.

Take that into consideration as well.
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Is it a ding if it has been more than 21 days?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 19:54
shah8 wrote:
antetokoumpo wrote:
Hi shah8,

Thank you! I am nervous because according to Livewire, others who submitted same day or on the deadline (10/3) have received invites yesterday.

Those would be J-term applicants (did you pay attention to the livewire details?). And, I am assuming you are an August intake applicant. So, typically you'll be hearing back much later. The return time of 4-6 weeks doesn't apply if you apply close to or on the deadline as there are hordes of applications that go in. Keep up the hope. You shall be hearing in another 2-3 weeks. It's a painful wait, I know; am on the same boat.

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 19:55
vivekreddy2016 wrote:
It also depends on when you completed your application. CBS gives candidates upto 3 weeks to complete application post submission. By completion it could refer to a Recommendation that is yet to come, update of scores etc.

Take that into consideration as well.

Oh yes - I am aware of that. I meant a complete application was submitted on 10/2 on my behalf, LoRs and all. Thats whats making me very very anxious
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 21:14
DigitsnLetters wrote:
shah8 wrote:
antetokoumpo wrote:
Hi shah8,

Those would be J-term applicants (did you pay attention to the livewire details?). And, I am assuming you are an August intake applicant. So, typically you'll be hearing back much later. The return time of 4-6 weeks doesn't apply if you apply close to or on the deadline as there are hordes of applications that go in. Keep up the hope. You shall be hearing in another 2-3 weeks. It's a painful wait, I know; am on the same boat.

Thanks for your response - trying to keep up the hope but in the details of the recent Limewire entries, its been stated that 10/3 Aug entry applicants have received invites. I assumed it may be because they have not gotten to Indian apps yet but even that is untrue as, in the last hour, an Indian posted about his/her II for Aug entry and 10/3 submission. Anyway, lets see!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Is it a ding if it has been more than 21 days? &nbs [#permalink] 24 Oct 2018, 21:14

Is it a ding if it has been more than 21 days?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap