Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Duke
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Is my Books choice right [#permalink]
Thanks Thomas.. But my whole point is about the following two things -

1. Will the MGMAT be a complete base for getting the concepts or should I include Kaplan Math Foundations too?
2. How much time do you thing would be required to go through all the eight to get the concepts and strategies "to the heart"?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Duke
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
1) I think the MGMAT will be a complete base
2) That'll be totally up to you, your previous knowledge, your aptitude for specific problems and the like. I would think at least a week per book - doing this part time, full-time I have no idea, I am tackling the GMAT part time only
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
if you want to go from the very basic in math, kaplan math foundations would be useful
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I'm using all the guides and they'll definitely set you up for success if you take the time to go through all of them and digest the material. However, if you're weak in quant as you say you are then check out MGMAT's Foundations of GMAT Math. I received it along with the other guides from the course that I'm taking with MGMAT. I'm fairly good with quant so I only read the Geometry portion (totally forgot geometry) and I can attest that the book is well-written and very-thorough.

I will admit though that I have not been just using the MGMAT guides for quant. I been using Jeff Sackmann's Total GMAT Math, which is kinda pricey at $50 for .pdf file. I took the book to Kinkos, printed it, and bound it together. If you look around the forums, you'll see some positive reviews for it. Personally, I think the book has been a great supplement to the MGMAT guides. It's always nice to have material that overlaps and I think it's great not only because you're able to solidify concepts but also because you're able to see the same thing from different perspectives.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What about the Princeton books? I've heard that those are good...Anyone have experience with those?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
AmyLee wrote:
What about the Princeton books? I've heard that those are good...Anyone have experience with those?

Did you see any of the links offered in this thread?
GMAT Club Bot