Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Is my score split a matter of concern? [#permalink]
champ3220 wrote:
Edvento wrote:
champ3220 wrote:
Hi all,

I gave gmat 2 days before for the first time and got 680(Q50,V31).5 colleges that I wrote on the test day to receive my scores were

1.Pennsylvania state university
2.rotman
3.rochester
4.illinois
5.university of toronto

Am I eligible for these colleges?

Any suggestions will be really helpful.

Hi champ3220,

Your score split is skewed in favor of quant. And it is also a fact that many B-schools prefer an equal split above 80 percentile in each section. But it also depends on the average score of the college you are applying to. For the list you have mentioned, I guess your score is better than their average scores. So as long a that is true, you need not worry about the split. Just go ahead and apply.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.I wanted to know if I should look for some more good universities and if yes,can you guide me through.I am really new in all this.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vaibhav

Hi all,
I wanted to know what are the chances of getting a scholarship with the above mentioned scores and what should I do to improve my chances of getting a scholarship.
Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
680(V31,Q50)-wanted important information [#permalink]
Hi all,
I gave gmat 2 days before for the first time with above mentioned score.Colleges that I have mentioned to receive my score during test are
1.university of toronto
2.University of rochester
3.Pennsylvania state university
4.university of illinois
5.rotman

I want to get admitted in 2013 session.As round 1 is already over for most of the universities,can anyone please suggest me for which universities I should proceed with and what are the odds in favour of me in getting admission in 2013.Moreover,I am really new to all this application processes and wanted help in proceeding with it and also for scholarship as there are some financial constraints.
Any suggestion would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vaibhav
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
champ3220 wrote:
Edvento wrote:
champ3220 wrote:
Hi all,

I gave gmat 2 days before for the first time and got 680(Q50,V31).5 colleges that I wrote on the test day to receive my scores were

1.Pennsylvania state university
2.rotman
3.rochester
4.illinois
5.university of toronto

Am I eligible for these colleges?

Any suggestions will be really helpful.

Hi champ3220,

Your score split is skewed in favor of quant. And it is also a fact that many B-schools prefer an equal split above 80 percentile in each section. But it also depends on the average score of the college you are applying to. For the list you have mentioned, I guess your score is better than their average scores. So as long a that is true, you need not worry about the split. Just go ahead and apply.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.I wanted to know if I should look for some more good universities and if yes,can you guide me through.I am really new in all this.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

School selection depends on a lot of factors beyond just GMAT score.
1. Location: Where do you ultimately prefer to work?
2. Career goals: Which industry or role would you prefer post MBA? Does that school have majority of placements in that industry? Or does that school provide good resources to help you achieve that goal?
3. Budget
4. Competence: Based on objective criteria like GMAT, undergrad score, no of years of experience and subject criteria like past experience, personal and professional achievements, etc.
..etc

So it won't be a direct result of some analysis, rather a very subjective discussion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Hi Vaibhav,

I know about Simon (Rochester) - they typically weight more the quantitative side, so that might be a plus to you. Also, their application deadline is Jan 15, so it still gives you some time for the 2013 season. The 680 score seems like just above their average, but I agree with Edvento, you would need to show other stats too to give us a better sense about a good match and scholarship chances.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot