It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 18:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is Round 2 of ISB Admissions more difficult to get in?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

Is Round 2 of ISB Admissions more difficult to get in? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 01:44
Hi,

I am very curious about the difference in acceptance probability/possibility between Round 1 and Round 2. I am most likely going to miss the round 1 deadline, so planning to applying in round 1. I did not score good in GMAT so planning to retake it, that's why I will miss the round 1 deadline. I have been hearing from people that chances of getting into ISB in round 2 are more difficult than those in round 1. Please throw some light on this. I am very much concerned about the importance of the rounds.

Thanks in advance! :)

N

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Is Round 2 of ISB Admissions more difficult to get in? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 02:03
N19 wrote:
Hi,

I am very curious about the difference in acceptance probability/possibility between Round 1 and Round 2. I am most likely going to miss the round 1 deadline, so planning to applying in round 1. I did not score good in GMAT so planning to retake it, that's why I will miss the round 1 deadline. I have been hearing from people that chances of getting into ISB in round 2 are more difficult than those in round 1. Please throw some light on this. I am very much concerned about the importance of the rounds.

N

I do not think round matters as number of seats are equally distributed. I have seen people who had very good credentials get rejected in round 1. Submit your app when you are confident of all aspects of your application. Actually it depends on the pool of applicants who apply. If more people with profile similar to yours apply, then it will be competitive irrespective of the round.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.79

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 23:14
N19 wrote:
Hi,

N

This article will help you: http://www.mbacrystalball.com/blog/2013 ... dmissions/

And no, I am not a part of MBA Crystalball. So this isn't a marketing gimmick.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB (A)

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 01:21
N19 wrote:
Hi,

N

As an ISB alumnus and from our own experience in admissions consulting I can say that it is advantageous to apply in Round 1 than in Round 2. Some of the factors involved are:

1. Lower competition: Only ~40% applicants apply in Round 1 and 60% apply in Round 2 (also confirmed by an ISB official in the MBA crystal ball post above). This is because many candidates who do not get into their target schools abroad in Round 1 apply to ISB in Round 2.

2. Higher chance of scholarship: All 100% tuition waivers are given to candidates applying in Round 1. 50% of need-based and merit-based scholarships are granted to applicants in Round 1.

Having said this, I believe you should apply when you are ready to put your best foot forward in your application, irrespective of the Round. To know more and take an informed decision, see our blog post below:

http://strategy4gmat.com/blog%20dtl.php ... 0Round%202?

Regards,
Abhishek Chawla
ISB alumnus & Co-Founder, Strategy4GMAT
Ph: +91 9990493487; +91 7087234600 (WhatsApp)
E: abhishek.chawla@strategy4gmat.com
www.strategy4gmat.com

Strategy4GMAT - an ISB alumni venture to help you get into your dream B-school

Regards,

Team Strategy4GMAT

http://www.strategy4gmat.com

(an ISB alumni initiative)

Not sure how a consultant helps? Try our FREE essay review below:

https://goo.gl/forms/JLfAYZ2icNSDlShI3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Is Round 2 of ISB Admissions more difficult to get in?   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2017, 01:21

Is Round 2 of ISB Admissions more difficult to get in?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap