GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Feb 2019, 04:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Ace the EMBA

February 21, 2019

February 21, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Learn how to create an outstanding application for top EMBA programs from an EMBA admissions expert.
  • Now accepting requests for consultations for 2019-2020!

February 22, 2019

February 22, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

The Vantage Point MBA team is now accepting requests for consultations for the 2019-2020 appplication season. We look forward to hearing from you!

Is there bias against Skype/online interview candidates for Oxbridge?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Is there bias against Skype/online interview candidates for Oxbridge?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 16:02
I got interview invitations for Oxford and Cambridge's MBA programs. Both have mentioned that they prefer that I attend their on-campus interview day.

However, since I am based in South-East Asia, this will be a tough task- especially because there are visa issues to sort out. So, I am thinking about opting for the online interview option.

But, I have heard some rumors that not attending their on-campus interview actually affects one's candidature negatively. Is this true?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Is there bias against Skype/online interview candidates for Oxbridge?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 01:09
All things being equal, yes, of course it gives a candidate a bit of an advantage to attend their assessment day. But thing are rarely equal.

The question is whether it is so much of an advantage to put aside the time and expense. I believe that these programs, while competitive, often play 2nd fiddle to INSEAD, LBS, IESE. They want to know you are committed to picking them back if they pick you; otherwise their yield will be a mess.

If you can't attend in person, have the very best Why Judge Why Said answers ever that demonstrate you took the initiative to contact alumni on Linked In, research the school in-depth and understand why each program is a fit with your goals an values. Show them you are serious.

Also, make sure to record yourself delivering interview responses and have others watch and coach you. If you don't come across well on camera, where the other person is left with a strong positive feeling about you, better to just go there.

pratiknandakumar wrote:
I got interview invitations for Oxford and Cambridge's MBA programs. Both have mentioned that they prefer that I attend their on-campus interview day.

However, since I am based in South-East Asia, this will be a tough task- especially because there are visa issues to sort out. So, I am thinking about opting for the online interview option.

But, I have heard some rumors that not attending their on-campus interview actually affects one's candidature negatively. Is this true?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Is there bias against Skype/online interview candidates for Oxbridge?   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2019, 01:09

Is there bias against Skype/online interview candidates for Oxbridge?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: DigitsnLetters

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap