GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 01:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB or WashU (full ride)

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
ISB or WashU (full ride)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2019, 06:15
I am confused between ISB and WashU (100% tution fee waiver).

I am having 4.5 years of experience as a software engineer and is mainly looking for product management roles.
My fiancee is working with Microsoft and is on L1-b in US. He wants to stay in US only. Therefore, post MBA, I intend to work in US.
However, If i consider brand and rankings, ISB is way ahead of Olin in the ranking list and is the best B school in India whereas WashU Olin is somewhere close to 25 in US.
My concerns are:
1. If I choose to pursue PGP from ISB, then how long it will take for me to move to US?
-I know about the best case in which I get into Msft/Google/Amazon and move on L1 within a year but that is quite tough as very few people get into Microsoft directly after ISB. How about other cases?

2. If I choose to pursue MBA from Olin:
a) Do international students generally get a job?
b) I have 3 years in hand post MBA to apply for H1B as I can get L2 visa to work in the mean time
c) Is masters from US going to help in getting H1B?
d) Do we generally find companies that sponsor H1B visa?

In long term career, what will be more beneficial : ISB brand or exposure from US?
GMAT Club Bot
ISB or WashU (full ride)   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2019, 06:15

ISB or WashU (full ride)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste