GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 03:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Prepare a Concrete Application Plan!

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

30-minutes personal consultation for application planning.
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.

ISB Placements in Investment Banking

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
ISB Placements in Investment Banking  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 Sep 2018, 06:42
Hello.

I am interested in working in Investment Banking (M&A, DCM, ECM) post-MBA, and would love your input. Specifically, I'd like to know:

1) How are the Investment Banking placements at ISB?
2) How helpful are the Investment Banking alumni when it comes to recruiting?

Thank You.

Originally posted by tm2 on 26 Sep 2018, 11:23.
Last edited by tm2 on 27 Sep 2018, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: Senior Manager, CA by profession, CFA(USA) Level 2
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V21
GPA: 3.82
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB Placements in Investment Banking  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 11:28
Same query here..... +1

Posted from my mobile device

Never Settle for something less than what you deserve...........

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed--Michael Jordan
Kudos drives a person to better himself every single time. So Pls give it generously
Wont give up till i hit a 700+

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 03:42
Hi

Final Placements at the Indian School of Business (ISB) saw an average salary offer of around Rs. 22 lakh for the PGP Class of 2017 that also recorded a 39% increase in the number of recruiters.

Here are some details for the year 2015–2016 (Class profile : Average age 27 years, Average work experience 4.7 years)

The highest domestic package was 72 Lakhs per annum.

The lowest was ~16 lakhs per annum

The average package was ~21 Lakhs per annum.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 08:44
Appreciate you taking the time to respond, but I was hoping if I could get ISB placement data in relation to Investment Banking
ISB, NUS, NTU Moderator
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 10:33
Hi,

Finance related placements have never been the forte of ISB. ISB majorly places its students in Consulting and IT/ITES.
Finance related profiles are offered relatively lesser to students and proportionately IB would be even lesser.

IB related profiles are offered to generally to those who either have pre-ISB experience in the domain or to those with exceptional knowledge, given that they can back it up with substantial evidence. However, there is no formal of official backing for this inference .I am saying this purely on the basis of feedback of ISB students.

Ofcourse, a lot depends on the no of companies visiting the campus in that particular year.

You can find placement related data here.

~R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!
Applying to ISB ? Check out the ISB Application Kit.

ISB, NUS, NTU Moderator
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 10:46
The following thread on quora sums up my answer and I hope, it will clear the picture for you too:

Quora Link

PS: I personally know the guy mentioned in the thread(the one guy who got into IB from Co2018), he had a degree in Economics and Computer Science and had a very sound knowledge in Finance.

~R.

Intern
Intern
ISB Placements in Investment Banking  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 11:19
GmatDaddy, thank you for your posts. It was spot on. Considering ISB's stats, not having the alumni pull can make it tough to climb up in IB (especially in beyond VP stage). There may be a glass ceiling restricted for IIM-A/B/C PGDMs

PS - Just want your 2 cents in my case. it's fine if you dont want to comment on this.
1) I'm on the younger side of the application pool, 2) have an M&A summer internship where I did well (I can get the MD to hire me for 3-4 months, till the PGPM start date), 3) can get a CFA level 1 in June 2019, and 4) learn financial modeling. This can improve my "chances" for M&A placement, right?
ISB, NUS, NTU Moderator
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 22:04
Hi tm2,

I neither have a Finance related profile nor sufficient knowledge that I can evaluate your profile for placements that will probably be done in the next 2 years.
I think you should probably consult someone from a similar background or someone in a similar job profile that you are looking forward to join or perhaps an ISB alumnus.

That being said, I hope you understand the fact underlined in the Quora thread that ISB doesnt provide you with sufficient depth in finance related subjects, which is one of the major reasons of lesser Finance related opportunities. But do not let me not discourage you, but B-Schools are most often than not are known for the MBA journey rather than the Destination.

tm2 wrote:
GmatDaddy, thank you for your posts. Here, we thank each other in the form of Kudos !!!It was spot on. Considering ISB's stats, not having the alumni pull can make it tough to climb up in IB (especially in beyond VP stage). There may be a glass ceiling restricted for IIM-A/B/C PGDMs

PS - Just want your 2 cents in my case. it's fine if you dont want to comment on this.
1) I'm on the younger side of the application pool, 2) have an M&A summer internship where I did well (I can get the MD to hire me for 3-4 months, till the PGPM start date), 3) can get a CFA level 1 in June 2019, and 4) learn financial modeling. This can improve my "chances" for M&A placement, right?

~R.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB Placements in Investment Banking &nbs [#permalink] 27 Sep 2018, 22:04

ISB Placements in Investment Banking

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap