Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
How much time did you spend on your studies? What materials did you use, and how dedicated were you. What is your background? There are definitely ways to improve, you just have to know your strengths and weaknesses and form a plan of attack. If you need to study for a full year, that may be it. Some people can study for 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years to get the score they want. There are stories on this board about all of them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
believe it or not I spent 6 months studying for this. When I first started, believe me, I couldnt do the most simple problems. But I started getting better and better. My highest gmatprep quant score was a 42, lowest a 30. But a 19?! I never thought I would score that low. I think Im going to take a break from studying for a few days and then start again. My studying materials consisted of PR cracking the GMAT, MGMAT series (really good books) and even a PR course which I took when I first started (big waste of time but my company paid for it). Also, I got some questions wrong which I can't believe I got wrong. Maybe I just need to develope the ability to take a test under pressure which I dont think I have. So yep thats my story............
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
6 months for how long. 6 months dont mean crap unless you really focus on covering 2-3 hr a day, and more on weekends.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
A little bit more info on me. Never scored over a 550 on gmatprep. Also, english is my native language. When I was doinf SC questions from the OG, I would maybe get 17-18 questions correct from a set of 20. I got really good at those. I did well pretty much on all verbal questions from the OG. A set of 20 CR questions from the OG, I would get maybe 15 correct. The funny thing is I thought I was doing pretty well in verbal because the questions I was getting were at least of medium difficulty, and I only got a 26..........I dont get it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
On getting more than 400. [#permalink]
what materails and books where you using?how much time did you dedicate to studying?do you have any distractions and when I mean distrationsit includes work!this time ask alot of questions and reply questions.GMAT CAT is taken for granted can be a vengeful TIGER.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I used mainly PR cracking the gmat, the manhattan series and the OG. I can do most of the OG questions correctly but whenever I take a practice exam I just freeze up. I work full time and my previous math knowledge has been horrible so its taken me a while to learn some of this stuff. But the funny thing is I have never gotten lower than a 30 in quant on practice exams and usually get around a 35-40 so when the screen showed a 19, I was shocked to say the least. I think I need to practice actually taking tests.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fair play to you.
You are probably the first one to admit scoring a 400on GMAT.

You have the right attitude. What you need to think is that -yes, I cana tame this tiger. I can I can I can I can.
Repeat this to yourself. But don't forget to study hard. This exam needs commitment. You can easily score 600 with reasonable effort. It that's what you are looking for, you are not vary far.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the kind words of support. Believe me, that test yesterday showed absolutely nothing about my abilities. Now granted Im not saying Im a genious, but I am nowhere near 400 knowledge wise. If I had the same questions from the test yesterday as practice questions, I would have nailed it. Either I froze or have ADD (dead serious about it), but I am not a 400 guy. You dont go for scoring between 35-42 on gmatprep to scoring a 19. Something just doesnt pan out..............
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
hard luck fawreel .. it happens.. sometimes things just dont go your way. But dont loose your heart. read the inspiring post from positive soul (from 420 to 710) on share your gmat exp forum. this will give your lot of inspiration. just stick on to gmatclub and ask for help wherever you need. you will definitely comeback strongly. goodluck.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts