GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 01:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Jane believes that to live peacefully with others around her

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Jane believes that to live peacefully with others around her  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2014, 11:58
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

85% (hard)

Question Stats:

49% (01:58) correct 51% (02:06) wrong based on 246 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Jane believes that to live peacefully with others around her is more important than to be right, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that being right often transcend the importance of amicable compromise.

A) to live peacefully with others around her is more important than to be right, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that being right often transcend
B) living peacefully with others is more important than being right, whereas John believe in justice above all, claiming that being right is often more important than
C) relating to others around her is more important than being right, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that being right often transcends
D) living peacefully with others around her is more important than being right, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that to be right often transcend
E) to be right is not as important as to live peacefully with others around her, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that being right often transcends
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Jane believes that to live peacefully with others around her  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2014, 12:03
goodyear2013 wrote:
Jane believes that to live peacefully with others around her is more important than to be right, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that being right often transcend the importance of amicable compromise.

A) to live peacefully with others around her is more important than to be right, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that being right often transcend
B) living peacefully with others is more important than being right, whereas John believe in justice above all, claiming that being right is often more important than
C) relating to others around her is more important than being right, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that being right often transcends
D) living peacefully with others around her is more important than being right, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that to be right often transcend
E) to be right is not as important as to live peacefully with others around her, whereas John believes in justice above all, claiming that being right often transcends

though marked sub-600, took me 1:50 :(
Board of Directors
D

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2014, 07:53
ConnectTheDots wrote:
goodyear2013 wrote:

No, it is definitely not a sub 600. Even me at a certain point get a bit confused about, trying to figure out the gist of the question.

Whenever as soon as you feel confused and lost, trying to find an anchor point to make a split. It must be there, somewhere.

here a good point could be trascend VS trascends: it refers to an emotional state claiming that being right or something around here (it doesn't important that you do not catch the meaning completly but that there are good reasons beaing so).

So, you end up with C and E but E has more sense.
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: ISB '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2014, 04:18
carcass wrote:
ConnectTheDots wrote:
goodyear2013 wrote:

No, it is definitely not a sub 600. Even me at a certain point get a bit confused about, trying to figure out the gist of the question.

Whenever as soon as you feel confused and lost, trying to find an anchor point to make a split. It must be there, somewhere.

here a good point could be trascend VS trascends: it refers to an emotional state claiming that being right or something around here (it doesn't important that you do not catch the meaning completly but that there are good reasons beaing so).

So, you end up with C and E but E has more sense.

Does E not change the meaning "more important" in original sentence vs "as important as" in option E
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2014, 09:12
sambhavgarg wrote:
Does E not change the meaning "more important" in original sentence vs "as important as" in option E

in GMAT 'more .. than' is equivalent to 'as ...as'
Board of Directors
P
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 18:08
I got down to C and E...I rejected E because of "not as important as".
is there any topic to explain why "as x as " is = to "more .. than"?
Non-Human User

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2019, 08:10
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Jane believes that to live peacefully with others around her   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2019, 08:10

Jane believes that to live peacefully with others around her

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics