It is currently 19 Feb 2018, 03:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

John Molson reputation - how easy or difficult is it to get a job?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Schools: Molson '18 (A)
John Molson reputation - how easy or difficult is it to get a job? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 17:49
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi All!

I have received an offer to study MSc Management from JMSB. Its a two year course which gives me sufficient time to complete my degree, do another certification course in Sustainable finance from JMSB and learn french - which i believe is equally critical in getting a job in Montreal. Furthermore, I will be able to secure a minimum 2 year work permit following my MSc, which I can use to pay off my student debt (provided I get a decent job). Canada is friendly towards foreigners relative to US and Europe.

However, since JMSB is not a gold standard institution in Canada, I was wondering if anyone can shed a light on how good is the reputation of the college within Quebec, Canada?

I applied the JMSB on the basis of the fact that its in downtown Montreal and the data they have provided in the MSc brochure:
[2012-2013 exit survey as per their 2014 MSc brochure]

80% employed within 3 months of graduation.
Average starting salary: $65,000
International students: 70% in all MSc (Management, Marketing, Finance) programs.

Thanks for all (and any) help!

Best regards,
Shivaang.
Intern
Intern
Re: John Molson reputation - how easy or difficult is it to get a job? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 22:18
shivaangsharma wrote:
Hi All!

I have received an offer to study MSc Management from JMSB. Its a two year course which gives me sufficient time to complete my degree, do another certification course in Sustainable finance from JMSB and learn french - which i believe is equally critical in getting a job in Montreal. Furthermore, I will be able to secure a minimum 2 year work permit following my MSc, which I can use to pay off my student debt (provided I get a decent job). Canada is friendly towards foreigners relative to US and Europe.

However, since JMSB is not a gold standard institution in Canada, I was wondering if anyone can shed a light on how good is the reputation of the college within Quebec, Canada?

I applied the JMSB on the basis of the fact that its in downtown Montreal and the data they have provided in the MSc brochure:
[2012-2013 exit survey as per their 2014 MSc brochure]

80% employed within 3 months of graduation.
Average starting salary: $65,000
International students: 70% in all MSc (Management, Marketing, Finance) programs.

Thanks for all (and any) help!

Best regards,
Shivaang.

Hey !
I am planning to apply for the same
Have you had the information about the jobs after msc from concordia.
Please help me in that.
Re: John Molson reputation - how easy or difficult is it to get a job?   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2017, 22:18

John Molson reputation - how easy or difficult is it to get a job?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap