Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:27 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33040 [0]
Given Kudos: 5781
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33040 [0]
Given Kudos: 5781
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Jul 12: Everything you wanted to know about MBA Admissions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question ...................... Which school should i go to for fulltime one year MBA? : Stanford MsX LBS 1 year MBA Full-time , Kellogg’s 1 year. Cornell 1 year , Duke 1 year , USC IBEAR MBA 1 year.

Very different programs - Stanford MSx has less emphasis on career search/services; all others have career services as part of their program. There is also the Foster GEMBA program as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have a question my GPA is 2.9 which is 74.5% in b.com hons
And 65% overall in ll.b. I have also cleared 2nd stage of cs
Can I get admitted into a good b school
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shaahjeet22 wrote:
I have a question my GPA is 2.9 which is 74.5% in b.com hons And 65% overall in ll.b. I have also cleared 2nd stage of cs Can I get admitted into a good b school

Yes - you can still get admitted to a good program - your exam score can help balance out GPA. Making sure you have the right career goals and fit are just as important in the application as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
Yes - you can still get admitted to a good program - your exam score can help balance out GPA. Making sure you have the right career goals and fit are just as important in the application as well.

Thank you I can personally contact for further guidance?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 547 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q170 V163
Send PM
I understand that there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration, but in general if you have to suggest 1 T-15 school based on only the following data, which one would you suggest to give my all in?
GMAT - 710
WE - 6 years, ~3 years international
M, 28, Indian
Strong stories to tell

(Idea is to shoot for the stars with not the best GMAT score)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shaahjeet22 wrote:
Thank you I can personally contact for further guidance?

yes - my email is jenifert@aringo.com

TargetKellogg2024 wrote:
I understand that there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration, but in general if you have to suggest 1 T-15 school based on only the following data, which one would you suggest to give my all in? GMAT - 710 WE - 6 years, ~3 years international M, 28, Indian Strong stories to tell (Idea is to shoot for the stars with not the best GMAT score)

what is your work experience in and what do you want to do? a mediocre gmat can be overcome with a compelling story. :)
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 547 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q170 V163
Send PM
Work experience in Data Consulting, post mba career goal is to get into MBB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
Hello, I’ve a 3-year degree from India specifically a Bachelor’s in Business Adminstration. I have good acads throughout my college and school. I have been working in the content marketing space for 4 years with start ups. I’m primarily targeting US schools in which there have been higher no. of graduates who have taken up marketing roles like Duke, Anderson, Kellogg. I’m in the process of giving the GMAT and looking to target a 700+.
My post MBA goals are to switch to product marketing.

My question is - how important will it be to highlight volunteer/community experience and extra circulars? To be honest, I have plenty of hobbies but nothing where I’ve an achievement of sorts. Similarly, I haven’t been involved with NGOs since college. So i’m wondering that will hurt my chances.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Blind answer would be Cornell, maybe Duke or Stern
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Does any Internet experience help…or specific

International *
Send PM
Expert Reply
ss13ny wrote:
Hello, I’ve a 3-year degree from India specifically a Bachelor’s in Business Adminstration. I have good acads throughout my college and school. I have been working in the content marketing space for 4 years with start ups. I’m primarily targeting US schools in which there have been higher no. of graduates who have taken up marketing roles like Duke, Anderson, Kellogg. I’m in the process of giving the GMAT and looking to target a 700+. My post MBA goals are to switch to product marketing. My question is - how important will it be to highlight volunteer/community experience and extra circulars? To be honest, I have plenty of hobbies but nothing where I’ve an achievement of sorts. Similarly, I haven’t been involved with NGOs since college. So i’m wondering that will hurt my chances.

EC’s don’t have to be volunteer/NGO - they can be anything that demonstrates your passion, teamwork, leadership... We use these activities to help draw a parallel to how you will fit in with the school, your cohort and get involved in the clubs and orgs. These schools are good choices - but make sure you are sharing school fit - Duke is really picky about this as it is a tight knit family in a college town.

Varun316 wrote:
International *

Yes - MBA programs are looking to see what experience you have working with international/global teams, or working across cultures - this will help them see you will be able to easily be dropped into group projects with people form all over the globe and work together to achieve your goals... and if an issue were to arise, they want to feel confident that you’ll know how to navigate through it
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does Saudi Arabia experience count ….or if u had choice to go Kuwait,uae
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
EC’s don’t have to be volunteer/NGO - they can be anything that demonstrates your passion, teamwork, leadership... We use these activities to help draw a parallel to how you will fit in with the school, your cohort and get involved in the clubs and orgs. These schools are good choices - but make sure you are sharing school fit - Duke is really picky about this as it is a tight knit family in a college town.

Thank you for the response. Does this mean I should look at the school’s clubs and orgs and figure out if I have participated in something similar? If yes,how can I highlight it in my essays if the questions are not explicitly asking for that.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Varun316 wrote:
Does Saudi Arabia experience count ….or if u had choice to go Kuwait,uae

Yes - any new country or region counts
Intern
Intern
Send PM
if I wanna work USA but uk univ easier to get mba then what u suggest….usa 2nd tier or uk to tier

Send PM
Expert Reply
ss13ny wrote:
Thank you for the response. Does this mean I should look at the school’s clubs and orgs and figure out if I have participated in something similar? If yes,how can I highlight it in my essays if the questions are not explicitly asking for that.

Yes! Look at the clubs, organizations and talk to current students or alumni to get more insights - if you see something that is really interesting to you, you can use examples in your 25 things essay (for Duke) or reference a conversation with a student and how you look forward to joining XYZ club. OR if you are sharing a story about something you are passionate about, then you can conclude an essay with and this is why I’m most interested in [school] and joining the [club] to gain [specific expeirence]...

Varun316 wrote:
if I wanna work USA but uk univ easier to get mba then what u suggest….usa 2nd tier or uk to tier

Go to school in the country you want to work in immediately after graduation - this is where your network and connections will be. MANY schools in the top 15-30 have nearly 100% employment rate, even for internationals. Rice Jones is a great example of this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
Yes! Look at the clubs, organizations and talk to current students or alumni to get more insights - if you see something that is really interesting to you, you can use examples in your 25 things essay (for Duke) or reference a conversation with a student and how you look forward to joining XYZ club. OR if you are sharing a story about something you are passionate about, then you can conclude an essay with and this is why I’m most interested in [school] and joining the [club] to gain [specific expeirence]...

Thanks! that really helps. How many schools would you suggest we should apply? Considering that we’ll have to put in a lot of effort to speak to students from each school to learn more about the school.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2