GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 05:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Just Curious : My Error Log Stats _ My Statistics

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
RC Moderator
P
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Just Curious : My Error Log Stats _ My Statistics  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 16:55
Hello Experts ( bb and/or Moderators),

I am really not sure if this query is 'Off Topic'. This query is related to My Error Log Stats or My Statistics tab. In my experience I have found that the Quant score is more or less representative of the sections involved ( PS & DS) and ones performance there in. I sometimes wonder if the Verbal Score demonstrates the same property (SC,CR & RC) as Q does. Or is it the the representation of ones SC & CR performance to the scale of 51 ?

u1983

Please let me know if I am going in wrong direction.
Thanks in appreciation.

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Just Curious : My Error Log Stats _ My Statistics  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 09:49
u1983 wrote:

I am really not sure if this query is 'Off Topic'. This query is related to My Error Log Stats or My Statistics tab. In my experience I have found that the Quant score is more or less representative of the sections involved ( PS & DS) and ones performance there in. I sometimes wonder if the Verbal Score demonstrates the same property (SC,CR & RC) as Q does. Or is it the the representation of ones SC & CR performance to the scale of 51 ?

u1983

Hi. Thanks for the question and I don't think it is off topic ;-)
Someone also brought up some references to their score estimate in the Error Log. Here are a few things:
1. It is an estimate of a CAT test based on a non-cat test that you control. That makes it very hard to match
2. It is based on YOUR and OTHER people's performance
3. The score estimate works with as few as 10 questions
4. I don't think either one is an accurate estimate of your real GMAT but it is designed to help you track your performance week over week.

Having said that, we are reviewing and planning to update the algorithm of estimation with a few additional ideas we got to help improve accuracy.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

RC Moderator
P
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Just Curious : My Error Log Stats _ My Statistics  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 09:57
bb wrote:
u1983 wrote:

u1983

Hi. Thanks for the question and I don't think it is off topic ;-)
Someone also brought up some references to their score estimate in the Error Log. Here are a few things:
1. It is an estimate of a CAT test based on a non-cat test that you control. That makes it very hard to match
2. It is based on YOUR and OTHER people's performance
3. The score estimate works with as few as 10 questions
4. I don't think either one is an accurate estimate of your real GMAT but it is designed to help you track your performance week over week.

Having said that, we are reviewing and planning to update the algorithm of estimation with a few additional ideas we got to help improve accuracy.

Hello bb....... Thanks a bunch for the reply. I agree with you on all the points.
I might had confusing words in the query...... But in a nutshell the query was..... does the current Verbal estimate ( at out site ) is a result of SC & CR only or It comprises of all 3 Sections( SC, CR & RC )?

Please let me know if I am going in wrong direction.
Thanks in appreciation.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Just Curious : My Error Log Stats _ My Statistics &nbs [#permalink] 31 Jul 2018, 09:57

Just Curious : My Error Log Stats _ My Statistics

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap