Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Leadership, Sustainability
Schools: Stanford
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Just curious to see my chances at the schools I'm targeting. [#permalink]
alialmoulah wrote:
Hello,
I would to hear what you guys think about my profile and how my chances look at the top programs I'm applying to.

1) Basic demographic info: 25, Male, Kuwaiti (middle eastern)

2) Educational Background: BA in petroleum engineering from Penn sate, 3.23/4 GPA, 740 GMAT.

3) Work experience: 5years in the oil and gas sector. Field Engineer III at Halliburton (Last 6 months) Used to work for Schlumberger in Midland Texas (2016-2017) and Kuwait (2017-2020).

4) Extracurriculars: I am a triathlete competing in ironman triathlons internationally. Also was a part of the Kuwait National Cycling team. (Pro athlete for 6 months) while on the team I was assistant coach for the youth team.

5) Short/Long term goals: In the short term I'm looking to transition into consulting for the energy sector, securing a position at a top consulting firm like Mckinsey, Bain or BCG. Long term moving to the firms middle east office where I can lead the team for energy consulting.

6) Schools: HBS, Wharton, MIT Sloan, HAS, LBS, IESE, HEC

thank you for your time.

Regarding your profile... You have a very good profile, All your basic educational, work experiences, good commercial experience, Great leadership experience and a great GMAT score. Yes it will put you in a good standing until and unless you work on your story. You have each and every element in your profile but all you have to do is it needs to be articulated into proper stories/essays.Build stories around failures and learnings to complement the natural successes you have had. the nonquantifiable parts of your application and his desire/need to do the MBA particularly with leadership experience has to be conveyed. Mainly your long term goal and how you can align your goals to the college is also very important.

Indradeep Mazumdar
CEO, Principal GMAT trainer and Admission consultant

If you are interested in getting to know more about us, Please let me know personally i will arrange you a free career counselling/profile evaluation session with Indradeep Mazumdar at any preferable time of yours.

We don't want to sell you anything at any point, we just want to help you!

Contact us at +91 9663487222 (https://gmatclub.com/chat)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Just curious to see my chances at the schools I'm targeting. [#permalink]