This is my first post here. I am planning on taking my GMAT early in September. I was wondering if anyone can help me decide which tutoring course I should take? Kaplan
vs. Manhattan GMAT
vs. Princeton Review vs GMAX
I have been scoring in the 550s.. and my goal is to move to 700. I know it will take a lot of work, and I am ready for the challenge.
So far the books that I have purchased:
The Princetn Review 2007 and Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, this is my first post.
This is coming from someone who is coming up on their 9th week of the kaplan course
which ends this coming Tuesday.
My thoughts right now are, WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT MANHATTAN GMAT
I just discovered these 8 MGMAT guides
and they are a lifesaver.
I dont even need the class anymore.
My greatest weakness is having a poor foundation in math.
In my experience, all Kaplan
does is teach you tricks like how to guess, plugging answer choices into the equation to see if it works, etc.
While that's all good and dandy, this is NOT the way to learn the material in order to be comfortable with it. I found out about the MGMAT guides
thru this site. I ordered both the SC and word transations.
I haven't engulfed myself into the SC book yet, but as for the WT I must say that I am so surprised at how far I've come in just 2 days.
Before, I used to read word problems in PS and it might as well have been in a foreign language. My usual course of thinking after reading it for the first time would typically be, "i don't know where to start! i'm fu*$ked!"
Now after going through only chapters 1 and 2 in the WT guide, I decided to give a try at the vast # of problems they recommend for further practice in the OG 11th edition and Quantitative review guide.
Let's just say I was amazed at how easily and calmly I methodically went through the questions, checked the answer carefully, and I would get 90% of them right, the other 10% was due to stupid mistakes and I would do the problems I did wrong over again after looking at where I went wrong.
My test is coming up in less than 3 weeks, but now that I discovered these books I wish I had more time. My plan right now is to complete the WT book, SC book, then get the number properties book and finish that before my test. (I may need to postpone..)
WT and Number Properties are my greatest weakness.
was a complete waste of time and money and the examples they give are totally out of left field.
is my vote.