GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 10:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg MMM ($$) or Booth($$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Kellogg MMM or Booth

• 38% [5]
  • 61% [8]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.49
Kellogg MMM ($$) or Booth($$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2019, 19:54
Currently accepted at Booth and Kellogg MMM. Scholarships are equal (although obviously the MMM program is an extra $20k a year). I've been leaning towards Booth but am now becoming more torn. I'm interested in Product Management in Tech or FinTech and Entrepreneurship long-term.

Booth:
1) Better known for Finance (fits with FinTech narrative well)
2) Great on hard data skills, known for being quant/data-heavy something that I personally believe will work very well as a PM
3) Entrepreneurship is better at Booth. The new venture challenge for alumni is something that has appealed to me especially since I see entrepreneurship as a long-term goal.
4) I see Booth as being slightly better in rankings and so far have personally felt a little more "at home" than Kellogg
5) Have always considered myself more of a city person than a suburb person.

Kellogg:
1) The MMM program works directly with my short-term goals and I'm very interested in applying design-thinking to business problems
2) There are a lot more grads going into Tech at Kellogg than at Booth and it's growing every year
3) Kellogg is known for marketing which, in my opinion, is a HUGE part of PM so not only will I be getting the PM experience from MMM but also from regular top-ranked marketing courses at Kellogg.
4) The party culture is something that seems fun and Kellogg seems to have a tighter-knit community. Also, having the MMM community will help to form close bonds, especially compared to the lack of organized sections at Booth.

Can anyone help me think through this?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Kellogg MMM ($$) or Booth($$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2019, 03:34
Congrats!!! Great job getting into both schools!

Booth vs Kellogg is a decade or century old debate. Historically, Booth has been the favorite in terms of rankings. However, Kellogg has a number of benefits, many that you pointed out.

There are several perspectives that you can take. One, you can choose to be with larger numbers of Kellogg grads looking at tech jobs. Or you can choose to be at Booth where would have less competition for those tech jobs. Often companies will have a certain quota of how many people they recruit from each school. Though I feel we are splitting hairs here and driving ourselves crazy.

I think you have to look at the MMM component and decide if it is valuable. If it is, then Kellogg is your choice. Otherwise, I would pick Booth.

Good luck making the choice! Take a peek at the other discussions that folks have had over the years and perhaps jessepinkman can comment or ENGRTOMBA2018

Posted from my mobile device
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75
Re: Kellogg MMM ($$) or Booth($$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 19:46
booth sent 20% of the class of 2018 into technology roles vs kellogg which sent 28% into technology. This is mostly due to self selection as more booth students go into finance (32% vs 14%). All of my friends from Booth who wanted PM roles landed at one of their target companies so I wouldn't worry about your ability to get these roles from Booth.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kellogg MMM ($$) or Booth($$)   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2019, 19:46

Kellogg MMM ($$) or Booth($$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste