Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Kellogg or Columbia for Deferred Admission?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GRE 1: Q170 V164
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Kellogg ($) vs. CBS Deferred Program [#permalink]
It also might depend a little bit on your job pre-MBA. Further, I think you'll be fine either way. If you really want to recruit in NYC, physically being there might be helpful. The scholarship is not only irrelevant in size, but also you will be considered for more money at both schools when you enrol. I got accepted to CBS DEP this year, and it seems to be a pretty cool group. If I was you, I'd go with Columbia :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GRE 1: Q170 V164
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
jxfoundation wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was fortunate enough to receive deferred acceptances to Kellogg w/ 20k scholarship and to CBS. I'd love to hear people's thoughts on which program I should accept given my goals and background.

My post-MBA goal at the moment is for MBB consulting (also open to T2 consulting) in New York City (though also open to other cities like D.C./S.F.). The long-term goal is to eventually move to the public sector. Though Kellogg has better MBB placement than Columbia, I've also heard that a lot of CBS grads take up the spots in New York City and other offices in the vicinity. Would it be substantially more difficult to break into NYC consulting if I were to go to Kellogg?

Not sure if this matters, but I plan to shoot my shot at HSW down the line as I did not apply this round for the deferred admissions program.

Not substantially difficult but it will be a little tricky given that the a great set of the Kellogg Alumni are in Chicago. Columbia and Stern dominate the NYC.

Also, since you want to be in the NYC, Best to be with the lion given that there is a certain natural bias towards "Their own people".
I hope this helps. Plus Columbia is an Ivy league and is pretty consistent in balanced placements. Kellogg seems to be a Marketing and Consulting focus.

If I had to choose I would go with the lion in this case

My undergrad was at Columbia - would this play a factor in anyway?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts