GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Dec 2018, 02:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

December 19, 2018

December 19, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Chat with UCLA Adcoms in GMATClub Chat Room. With less than a month to R2 deadline, I hope the chat session will prove to be very helpful. Wednesday, Dec 19 @ 9AM PST
  • Yale R1 Admit is Here to Answer YOUR Questions!

December 19, 2018

December 19, 2018

10:00 AM PST

11:00 AM PST

One of our forum members, ak99 recently got accepted at Yale SOM in Round 1. He accepted our invitation to interact with the new applicants, share his insights about the application process, and answer the queries of applicants.

Kindly evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Kindly evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 08:25
Hi,
I want my profile reviewed for application to MBA programs of Booth, Kelloggs, Cornell, Tuck, Insead, LBS and Yale.

GMAT-740 (Q-51, V-38). Age: 29 years, Indian male, Total work ex: 55 months by the time i apply to the above programs

1. Expect to receive CFA Charter by the time i apply for these programs. Have already cleared Level 3 and have 47 month experience as of now.
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Management from a top ten B-school in India. Majors: Finance, Marketing. GPA scale vastly different from US, UK but performance rated as “Good”
3. Undergraduate in Instrumentation engineering from University of Delhi, India. First class degree. You can say its 2:1 as per UK system
4. 2 year work experience (present role) in Investment Management at one of the largest asset managers in the world. Worked on some projects worth 120 bn dollars to the firm. Middle end role. Designation: Analyst
5. 2.5 year work experience in Corporate Finance at a top pharmaceutical company in India. Designation: Manager
6. Have had good experience working with an NGO for the underpriveleged children for about 2 years.
7. Travel fanatic. Have done a few solo trips abroad for a duration of 2-3 weeks
8. Reasons for a second business degree in summary: Global experience in a truly global school with a practical learning approach and getting the chance to interact with a diverse set of individuals. Also want more of a front end role with a direct impact to business of the firm in asset managememt

Kindly let me know if i stand any chance of an admit to the colleges mentioned.

Thanks for you help

Posted from my mobile device
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Kindly evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 11:34
Hi, and thanks for writing! You seem to have strong academics. To clarify - is the Post-Graduate Diploma in Management equivalent to an MBA? If so, you'll want to check with each target program to see if they would accept applicants who already have an MBA/this degree.

Aside from academics, other criteria important to the admissions committee are:

1.) your career progression to date and the impact you've made in your roles thus far - while I can't gauge this from what you've written, the AdCom will be able to discern this from your resume, interview, and recommendations
2.) your passions outside of work - the NGO experience and solo travels are good, and you'll want to convey the impact you've made on the NGO during your time involved on your resume (and, potentially speak about it in your essays, if the topic gives you an opportunity to do so).

For a strong application, you'll also need to clarify your ST/LT goals, what drives them, the transferrable skills you'll bring to your post-MBA roles, and how an MBA from each program will help you achieve them.

I hope this helps a bit! If you want to discuss your profile in more detail, I suggest signing up for a free 30-min consultation here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

shrey191 wrote:
Hi,
I want my profile reviewed for application to MBA programs of Booth, Kelloggs, Cornell, Tuck, Insead, LBS and Yale.

GMAT-740 (Q-51, V-38). Age: 29 years, Indian male, Total work ex: 55 months by the time i apply to the above programs

1. Expect to receive CFA Charter by the time i apply for these programs. Have already cleared Level 3 and have 47 month experience as of now.
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Management from a top ten B-school in India. Majors: Finance, Marketing. GPA scale vastly different from US, UK but performance rated as “Good”
3. Undergraduate in Instrumentation engineering from University of Delhi, India. First class degree. You can say its 2:1 as per UK system
4. 2 year work experience (present role) in Investment Management at one of the largest asset managers in the world. Worked on some projects worth 120 bn dollars to the firm. Middle end role. Designation: Analyst
5. 2.5 year work experience in Corporate Finance at a top pharmaceutical company in India. Designation: Manager
6. Have had good experience working with an NGO for the underpriveleged children for about 2 years.
7. Travel fanatic. Have done a few solo trips abroad for a duration of 2-3 weeks
8. Reasons for a second business degree in summary: Global experience in a truly global school with a practical learning approach and getting the chance to interact with a diverse set of individuals. Also want more of a front end role with a direct impact to business of the firm in asset managememt

Thanks for you help

Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
Re: Kindly evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 17:46
Hi Nisha,

Thanks for your response. I hv already scheduled a session with you guys for tomorrow but i wanted to know from you whether my profile is good enough for a hit on the M7 schools, Insead or LBS.
Yes, PGDM is MBA and these schools do allow a second one.

mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi, and thanks for writing! You seem to have strong academics. To clarify - is the Post-Graduate Diploma in Management equivalent to an MBA? If so, you'll want to check with each target program to see if they would accept applicants who already have an MBA/this degree.

Aside from academics, other criteria important to the admissions committee are:

1.) your career progression to date and the impact you've made in your roles thus far - while I can't gauge this from what you've written, the AdCom will be able to discern this from your resume, interview, and recommendations
2.) your passions outside of work - the NGO experience and solo travels are good, and you'll want to convey the impact you've made on the NGO during your time involved on your resume (and, potentially speak about it in your essays, if the topic gives you an opportunity to do so).

For a strong application, you'll also need to clarify your ST/LT goals, what drives them, the transferrable skills you'll bring to your post-MBA roles, and how an MBA from each program will help you achieve them.

I hope this helps a bit! If you want to discuss your profile in more detail, I suggest signing up for a free 30-min consultation here: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/?dis ... admissions

shrey191 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for you help

Kindly evaluate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap