GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 06:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kindly rate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Kindly rate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 01:48
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile.
Have written the GMAT once in June 2018.
My GMAT score:740 (Q50 V40 AWA 4 IR3)

Academics:
Graduation in Civil Engineering. GPA of 7.96/10
10th : 92.4 %
12th: 81.2%

I am 25 years male from India.
I am working in State bank of India (Ranked 277 in Fortune 500, Ranked 55 in list of banks in terms of asset size) as Deputy Manager in area of Commercial lending, documentary credit and foreign exchange. I am currently handling credit exposure portfolio of approx Rs. 250 Crs (USD 38 Million) for the bank. Besides I also have exposure in the field of Rural developmental banking and have worked in Rural-Semi Urban areas in India particularly dealing in agricultural credit and developmental schemes.
I have 3.5 years working experience with SBI (my only employer) and in this period I have got one promotion and consistently been rated AAA(highest) in my annual appraisals.
I have worked on lending in various sectors like manufacturing (papers industry, textile industry, food processing industry etc) as well as trading sectors. Along with this I handle entire Foreign Exchange business of Category B branch (Highest level in standalone level) in FOREX.
I have also completed 6 certifications from NISM_SEBI in field of Currency derivatives, equity derivatives, interest derivatives, Investment adviser, Security markets as well as 5 different certifications from IIBF pertaining to commercial lending, AML_KYC, Documentary Credit, Foreign Exchange, SME etc.
I am currently undergoing Certification in commercial credit from Moody's Analytics which is slated to be completed by end of July 2018.
I Will be appearing CFA Level 1 in december 2018.

In graduation college I was treasurer of college technical body and was active member of college NGO (which dealt in providing free education to children belonging to poor community around college campus).

What are the chances for Round 1 this year considering finance will be my main concentraion?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Kishlay
ARLee Consulting
S
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy
Re: Kindly rate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 02:14
Hi Kishlay (@kishlaykirty),

thank you for sharing your profile.

I think in terms of academics and work experience your profile is good.

Your GMAT is ~30 points above LBS' average, so GMAT most likely won't get in your way. You have a very solid professional career at SBI with diverse experiences and certifications.

The two main vulnerabilities I see in your profile are the lack of international experience and your extra-professionals.

Do you have any international experience? Even if only for short-term assignments? Have you traveled in your personal life?

Can you think about other extra-professional activities you're currently engaged in? Talking about activities during college will not add as much value in your application.

I hope this helps.

For a more detailed discussion, feel free to PM me or email me directly at alex@arleeconsulting.com.

Good luck!
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +52 1 55 2702 0059
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: http://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Please, email us your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Re: Kindly rate my profile &nbs [#permalink] 11 Jul 2018, 02:14

Kindly rate my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap