GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 16:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Last Minute R2 GRE Gamble vs. 720 GMAT

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Last Minute R2 GRE Gamble vs. 720 GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 13:26
Hey all, posting this question for my wife (and me, partially).

Context:

• 27F, non-LGBT, US perm resident from Asia, top public UG 3.7, BBA/Psych dual degree, 4 yrs Big 4 strat consulting with accolades, 1 yr startup corp strategy, good ECs, ForteMBA

• Applications to T15 are done, (SOM and CBS are in) but her GMAT topped out at 720 (Q50/V37/IR6) with max attempts

• Already put off HBS earlier to R2 hoping for a higher GMAT before

• Has no GRE experience, but the GRE's vocab memorization would be easier for her than the GMAT verbal; would also be open to using a tutor to prep

• Hopes that's probably good enough for Kellogg/Booth and most other programs

• We know GMAT won't make or break, but she feels her whole app is borderline, pretty good, not great for M7.

Question:

• Question is with Stanford and Wharton due tomorrow (and their comparatively high GMAT ranges), should she apply now with 720 or push to R2 and try for a comparatively higher GRE score?

• Last curveball is I don't know if I should move any of my apps to R2 with her for any potential couple boost; my app is less conventional but generally a little bit stronger (ex-MBB, strategy/operations at medium-size family business, launched/mange an apparel startup, 750 GMAT, weaker ECs)

Really appreciate any insight anyone can offer us, thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
S
Re: Last Minute R2 GRE Gamble vs. 720 GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 07:58
I am sorry to see that this went unanswered. Hope you made it to a great program. Let me know if you are still looking. thank you

Jatin

Our GMAT Program- Creating 750+ Scores
Our MBA Consulting- Top Schools and significant Scholarships
PythaGURUS Education
http://www.pythagurus.in

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Last Minute R2 GRE Gamble vs. 720 GMAT &nbs [#permalink] 18 Sep 2018, 07:58

Last Minute R2 GRE Gamble vs. 720 GMAT

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap